It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #1

hurting in mo HB User
in pain today?

i sure am i cant even type right how is everyone today with back pain i need more meds an a quicker doctors appt to read my mri.. any help would be greatful thanks

Old 08-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #2

Jenna'sMom HB User
Re: in pain today?

Sorry you're in so much pain. Call your doctor for more meds, and beg them to get you in quicker The bad days are really bad. I wish you relief soon. Hang in there.

Take Care,
Julie

APLIF T4-S1 on july 19, 2004
Harrington rod T5 - T12 1982

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #3

hurting in mo HB User

[QUOTE=Jenna'sMom]Sorry you're in so much pain. Call your doctor for more meds, and beg them to get you in quicker The bad days are really bad. I wish you relief soon. Hang in there.

Take Care,
Julie[/QUOTE]
i am new to this site an i sure could use all the help ican get in finding out more relief in knowing i am not alone ..thanks for your incouragement

Old 08-29-2004, 05:08 PM   #4

Ribarb47 HB User

If you already have a Neurosurgeon, Ortho or PCP, and you're in that much pain, you may want to very nicely go into the office in the morning when they open. Most offices have a policy that if someone walks in, they'll see them. They don't spread that around and it may not be true in all offices, so please don't quote me. If they agree to see you, you might have to wait all day. If it's a Dr you haven't seen before, but have an appointment in the future, you can ask to be put on a cancellation list. Besides being a patient, I've also worked the front desk in an office and have observed the front desk people in other offices. Be persistant, not pushy. Make sure they understand the urgency of your situation and your pain. If they can't help you tomorrow, ask them when they can. Remember, they're your lifeline to the Dr. (for right now) They don't want to turn away patients. That's a choice/chance.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

[QUOTE=hurting in mo]i sure am i cant even type right how is everyone today with back pain i need more meds an a quicker doctors appt to read my mri.. any help would be greatful thanks[/QUOTE]

The MRI gets read way before you see your doctor. Go to the place where you had it done and ask to see it. You paid for it so they should let you see it. When you get it in your hands, read the report.

Sometimes it takes a long time to see the doctor while your report sits there.

You can always go to the ER for a shot. They don't deal with back problems but they do give shots.

Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

hurting, if you can, where in MO?
I have been there too, days when I have been in so much pain and waiting for my appt felt like forever. I tried to get in earlier to my doc, but still ended up having to wait for three weeks, while having problems with my meds. It isn't an easy time. hang in there.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #7

hurting in mo HB User

i would love to go to the office but its 2 hours away an they say there waitn for my reports by the way i called my md an he gave me stronger meds til i can get to the surgeon. thanks for the info i apprecaite it

Old 08-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #8

hurting in mo HB User

southern part of mo they are working on an appt. three weeks away this work comp thing is slow.............

Old 08-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #9

hurting in mo HB User

[QUOTE=injured betty]The MRI gets read way before you see your doctor. Go to the place where you had it done and ask to see it. You paid for it so they should let you see it. When you get it in your hands, read the report.

Sometimes it takes a long time to see the doctor while your report sits there.

You can always go to the ER for a shot. They don't deal with back problems but they do give shots.[/QUOTE]
i have the report just ccant read the stupid thing i got more meds from the doctor so i feeling better no

Old 08-30-2004, 12:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I was just wondering cause I grew up in Missouri.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM   #11

hurting in mo HB User

[QUOTE=mel1977]I was just wondering cause I grew up in Missouri.[/QUOTE]
where are you now?

Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #12

siberiandog HB User

ya also make sure its documented they dont always do it ,i caught my doc saying hes read them not.

Closed Thread