It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Post Second appointment with PM Doc...For ESI

Hey All....

Well, went for my second appointment with my PM doc this morning, went in for the second ESI... he got me on the table, prepped me, gave me the local, and all and started the contrast, but when he injected it he could see on the xray that it was not going over to the right side, it was all staying on the left side and going right up the spine... so he told me that he could see another herniation that was stopping it from spreading.... so he said he was not going to waste an injection and stopped the procedure, and wanted me to go to another Neurologist that he liked very well, see what this guy could tell me, and then reschedule to come back to him..... so off the table I came, went into revcovery and was getting ready to go, when he ask me a couple questions, about my pain, and then immediately said... "I know what I need to do for you" so back in the procedure room I went, on the table, same routine all over again.... but this time he said he would go in on the right side, because he said what he was seeing on the xray is another herniation, that was stopping the injection..anyway...

I am not sure if what he gave me was the Epidural Steroid Injection....... or a Nerve Block...becaue he kept saying something about a Nerve Block.... and when he started to inject me, he said, " If I recreate your pain... let me know, he said, dont come off the table, but let me know... so he injected me, and WHAMO! there was my pain...shot straight down my buttocks down the side of my thigh and into the side of my calf, and into my foot......so I told him and he said..."We got it!" So off the table I came... into recovery again... and he ask me about my pain level and at that time it was 0....was a 9 when I came in.... it has come back a little bit... kinda feels like a catch or charlie horse...but not near what it was so far....and have a slight head ache.... but he told me that was possible... my legs felt like noodles when I left....but If anyone can clairify for me, Would that have been a Nerve Block they did, since they recreated my pain?

Hope ya'll are doing well.... Take Care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Re: Second appointment with PM Doc...For ESI

That almost sounded like a dicogram, to recreate pain. I'm in TX too.. I do not think I would like to see that doc. Was this the first time to see him. That all sounds very confusing, he never told you what he was doing???

Old 10-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: Second appointment with PM Doc...For ESI

[QUOTE=myspine]That almost sounded like a dicogram, to recreate pain. I'm in TX too.. I do not think I would like to see that doc. Was this the first time to see him. That all sounds very confusing, he never told you what he was doing???[/QUOTE]

No this was the second time I had seen him....He did my first ESI.... He is actually a very good Pain Management Doctor, No pain what so ever when he did my injections... supposed to be the best in Austin....but no it wasnt a discogram.... Yes he did explain step by step what he was doing... from giving me the local to inserting the needle to injecting the meds.... but I just wasnt sure if it was a nerve block or the steroid injection... of course they also inject steroids when they do a nerve block...but anyway.. I will just call tomorrow to clarify which it was...

Old 10-05-2004, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Smile Re: Second appointment with PM Doc...For ESI

I hope things get better.

Closed Thread