It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Question What could this bump be?

Hi,
I seem to have a bit of a bump on about the middle of my back. It's not a hard bump, it's kind of soft and when I push on it I don't feel anything hard. I can feel it when I sit up straight but especially when I bend over. It doesn't hurt to the touch. I also suffer from Spondylolisthesis and sciatica but this should not be related, I don't think . The "bump" doesn't seem to cause me much pain but it's hard to tell do to my other problems. As you can imagine I suffer with a lot of pain. I'm just wondering what this may be. I'm going to bring this up with my ortho the next time I see him however, any input for now would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Kristy.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Veteran

AlSmith HB User
Re: What could this bump be?

Kristy, this may be a synovial cyst. I think synovial just means soft tissue. If they are are causing problems, they can be removed. I am sure if you did a search on this, you would get alot more info. There is also a few threads posted as well. Good luck!

Alan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Thank you for your input Alan. I did some research on synovial cysts and I'm not too sure of that's what this is. It could be, and if it is, is it something I should be taking care of right away? It's been giving me a bit of pain for the past day or two, nothing I can't handle but it's a bit concerning. Anwyay, thanks again for your reply. Kristy.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran

AlSmith HB User

Kristy, I don't know too much about them myself but my understanding is that if they are giving you pain, then take them out, if no pain, then leave them if you can. I think it is fairly simple to take them out. I hope you find out what it is soon and get it taken care of. Take care.

Alan

Closed Thread