It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 04:15 AM   #1

carole35 HB User
Question New here, advice please

Hi all, have been reading for a while but this is my first post. I was diagnosed with spondylosis July this year. Now waiting for MRI of neck and also spinal injections. Ortho aware of numbness in little and ring fingers and shoulder pain but here in england its a 9 month waiting list for MRI and 4 for the injections. The worry I have is that I have now got pins and needles in my foot and its wierd but it feels funny, my toes feel "fat" and like they are not on the floor properly especially when walking upstairs. I had a couple of episodes where my legs went to jelly and had to lie down, it really scares me. Work have got me another consultant to see if he can push me up the waiting list cause ive been off for 9 weeks (cant drive). I see him next week. Do you think its safe to wait till then? These new symptoms are worrying me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: New here, advice please

Hi Carole, do you also have lower back problems,or is the lower torso issues supposedly being caused by the problems in the upper torso?From your description of the finger numbess and the two that are affected, it sounds like there is a definite problem over the C-8 nerve.when you have the little and ring fingers affected, the general problem area is usually the c-7 or c-8 nerves.i cannot believe how long it takes there just to get an MRI.that must be making you a little crazy.It sounds like if you could actually get in next week to see another doc, you will be quite lucky?it is always best to get more than one opinion on something like this.although, without the MRI you will bew in kind of a holding pattern as far as what treatments you would need to try and relieve some of your symptoms.The sooner you could get that MRI the better.This is the only way really that would give you the best views of just what is causing this to occur.Until you can find the answers, I would take things real slow and easy and also keep kind of a journal of any symptoms you now have any new ones as they might occur.This info will be very helpful for your docs in determining the severity of your problems.I guess all you can do for now is just hang in there til you see the new doc and then finally get your MRI.If you get any symptoms that appear to be affecting the legs in a more profound way or if you notice any changes in your bladder or bowel habits, don't hesitate to go to the nearewst ER for an eval.They might even do that badly needed MRI for you right then and there.Just take things very slow,and do not do any heavy lifting.Keep me posted,K?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 04:02 AM   #3

carole35 HB User
Smile Re: New here, advice please

Thanks for the reply Marcia, will let you know how it goes next week. I am having some low back probs too, just achy really and cant bend well esp. first thing in the morning and I was worried that might be to do with foot probs?? You sound like you had a lot to deal with, how are you now? Carole.

Closed Thread