It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Brooke79 HB User
Hi Everyone: An Update on little me...

Hi to everyone,

I am coming up to 6 months post op from my second fusion. I've just had my 25th birthday and things are looking up. I have been told I wont need to have any further x-rays, i have my last appointment with my surgeon on November 5.

I can be out and about for over 12 hours at a time with minimal back trouble - this is a first in years.

My back will cause a great deal of pain only when i am very stressed,upset,angry - that's about it. Of course there's the usual i cant maintain static postures for any period of time over 20 minutes.

One thing i have noticed that seems to be new is a tingling - well its more like a vibration in the heel of my right foot. Today is the first time i have noticed it. For 2 hours i monitored it. The pattern was 7 seconds off then the sensation for 1 second. It followed this pattern exactly. Tonight i noticed it was every 3 seconds then tingling for 1 second.

I have had no nerve issues since my second surgery and this isnt even enough to bother me, i just get fascinated by these things as you know and would like some opinions - i'll check it out with me surgeon when i see him too.

Love to hear from you guys

Brooke

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 06:07 AM   #2

ch04 HB User
Re: Hi Everyone: An Update on little me...

Hi

Glad you are doing well

Can I ask ?

How are you doing ith the medication and sleeping ?

Im due to have plif L5 S1 360 with cages in 2 weeks

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

That's great Brooke! You deserve to feel better after all you've been through. I've spoken to you in the past, remember? I will be having my L4 L5 fusion on 10-21 and I'm very anxious ot get it over with. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions after my surgery. I hope that you continue to do fantastic!!!

Love and prayers,
Christina

Old 10-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User

I'm so happy for you Brooke, and glad to hear you're getting your life back! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I hope that the tingling in your heel is just some leftover nerve irritation, and it goes away soon.
As you may remember, I am going to have a fusion pretty soon. I was supposed to have a discogram last week to determine whether it will be one or two levels, but had to reschedule (till Nov. 8!) because of a family emergency. So now it looks like the fusion will be sometime in November.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Jessie

Old 10-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

hats off to you for your 6th month post op check

caught my attention bout foot, have you considered ortho inserts? they might be albe to help some with the stress and strain on your feet

i also appreicated the fact you admited from time to time still problems and that stress can activate issues

hopefuly continued longer sessions between muscle spams /pain and more healing comes your way

thank you for posting update, gives rest of us hope it gets better,
contiued good wishes your way and grats on 6 months! check up

Old 10-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hi
I'm thrilled for you. It's nice to hear positive posts. I hope your foot is nothing serious and your doc can let you know what's going on. Anyway, congratulations on your recovery. Take care of yourself. Kristy.

Closed Thread