It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 07:01 AM   #1

centaur HB User
Exclamation i need workmans comp help bad!

my mom has been messed with for over 9 months with workmans comp - now a new issue that i don't know how to deal with - doc she currently seeing was told by workmans comp that he can't keep seeing my mom unless he fills out workmans comp "long form" - he asked for waiver and was refused; now he won't see my mom. she desperately needs help for L4/5-S1 and workmans comp is messing with her big time! please. i am very familiar w/L5-S1 problems as i have had 3 surgeries (long story) - my help is needed for my mom right now; my issues are unimportant at the moment. anybody??!!

Last edited by centaur; 10-07-2004 at 07:03 AM.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

dpaz HB User
Re: i need workmans comp help bad!

The best help you can get right now is from a worker's comp attorney. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 09:00 AM   #3

centaur HB User

that won't get her the help she needs, i'm afraid. of course an attorney will be the right course; but i need to get workman's comp to BACK OFF and allow her to continue with moving toward surgery. she had surgery last year - same spot - that's why everyone is so stand-offish w/this current situation; no-one wants to touch her because she already had one surgery. i think i am going to have to take her to where her old doctor moved to (5 hrs drive away) and see if i can get him to talk to her. my mom is in tears; pain and frustration is overwhelming. she is 77 years old and i don't want anything else to go wrong w/her health. all of this stress could cause so many problems!

Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 AM   #4
(female)

dpaz HB User

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude or anything in my last post to you. I sure hope that you can get the help your mother needs. I don't really have any advice, just well wishes.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #5

1short HB User

Call your state dept for work comp-labor and management-they ccan tell what you can do and help you with work comp.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User

Aloha centaur,

I want to start off by giving you my most heartfealt sympathy for you and your mother, she is very fortunate to have a child that has her best interests at heart, that is rare in this day and age. I wish you the best of luck.

Having said that, the following is going to be very difficult to write, and it is not what you want to hear (or read). Each State has thier own quirky stupid W/C rules, I agree that your only recourse at this time would be to retain an attorney. A 77 year old with previous surgery in the same area in question will be an extremely difficult case to win when it comes to the insurance company, and more than likely, also your State Department of Labor. I hope that I am wrong with this, but as you have already found out, it will be a very steep uphill battle.

If you think that the doctor who is a five hour drive from you would be beneficial to your mother, I would certainly take her.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Carl

Old 10-07-2004, 05:57 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

It is possible to make it throught the WC maze without an attorney if you are willing to stay the course. Do you have lot of copies of everything and doument everything, keep a diary? If not, start now.

Not all doctors will take or deal with WC cases because of the paperwork. It took us months and months and traveling out of town to get my husband's surgery. We finally made it through without an attorney. Once he had his surgery a Registered Nurse was appointed to him, but not to do anything medical, only to help navigate the medical procedures, bills, and referrals. Lot of help she is. Not.

WC is a headache but worth it in the end.

You might have to end up at the original doctor. You have to find a doctor who will take WC. From there, all of the procedures must also take WC. They cut as many corners as possible and the main objective is to *get you back to work*. My husband was not home one day from two level neck fusion and they were calling him to come back in and work. I told them where to get off. To the employer, you are simpy hours and production unless you are self-employed.

At 77, is she intending to return to work? Was the first surgery WC? Who owns the first injury?

At the age of 77 and a previous surgery, they might call it DDD or a result of the first surgery. You are in for the long haul on this one.

Good luck,

Closed Thread