It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Unhappy Unbearable Zingers

The Zingers are beyond bearable. I can't cope with these. I've backed off the hydrocodone (because I need to come off from it) and the zingers attack like nothing I've never seen. If I didn't know better, I'd think I had Tourette's Syndrome for the things that come out of my mouth with they zap me.

Neurontin hasn't worked in the past. Yes the doctor prescribed it properly.
I'm trying to come off from medicine and really don't want more, nor do I want to deal with the side effects of yet another medication.

If someone tells me to stand on my head pointing north, I'll try it. PLEASE, does anyone have any ideas on how to calm these things down?

Hunni

Old 10-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
Veteran

AlSmith HB User
Re: Unbearable Zingers

Hunni, I can relate to your pain. I had alot of those zingers and after a month I had to do something different. I am fortunate that Neurontin has worked for me even though it makes me kinda dopey. This has gotten much better though. There are other drugs you can try besides Neurontin. Gabatril is one that I can think of.

I was taking the tylenol with codene in it and it did nothing. Call your doc and tell him you need something different. When I started taking the Neurontin, the only other pain med I took was Motrin. I know you are trying to come off any meds, but given the choice between taking something and blunting the zingers, or just dealing with them, which would you choose?

I hope you get some relief soon.

Alan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread