It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #1

bernie24-7 HB User
need some back pain remedies please help

I'm going thru it with workers comp and thier dr.'s won't give me and appointment so I can't get pain meds.when my back hurts real bad I have to go to the emergency room to get a prescription for pain meds. but I don't have any more pain pills now is something I can buy at walgreens that might help a little it's really hurts bad when I wake up in the morning so please help me .I know alot of you are going through the same thing so please help me figure something out .I've tried tylenol authritis,and momentum from walgreen.didn't feel any relief

Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: need some back pain remedies please help

Thankfully, I have never dealt with workmen's comp, but I have been around these boards long enough to know that the best thing you can do for yourself is find an attorney who specializes in w/c. Otherwise, they will walk all over you and you will find yourself getting worse and worse. I hope someone comes along soon who can give you some pointers and better advise.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #3

bernie24-7 HB User

That's The Thing I Have An Attorney And This Is What I Have To Go Thru But I Think It 's Time To Switch Now Cause He's Talking About I Should Settle But I'm Still In Pain Everyday And Thier Talkin 5-10,000 I Used To Make Like $50,000 A Years He Must Be Crazy But What They Are Trying To Do Is Keep Sending Me To Dr. Who Are Saying There's Nothing Wrong Which Hurts Me In The Long Run .i'm Just Looking For Some Advice On What To Do

Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
Inactive

kittie~156 HB User

get a new ATTORNEY ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! go to as many as you need to until you find one that will fight for you! you can switch-the sooner the better b/c your current attorney will try to lay claim to doing as much work as possible and take your money when you DO decide to settle! and on that note DO NOT SETTLE MEDICAL or Wages. you have approx. 1 to 1/1/2 yrs. to collect wages-medical is forever until your settle-they cannot make you, but call up the work comp and say you want a second opinion which you are entitled to. they will drag things out, but the most important things now are #1-dismiss, in writing with date, your current attorney. send it certified mail. #2-look for a new attorney and get them moving and pressuring the work comp people to get another appoinment because they are denying you care which they "can't" do, by law, but since the law is vague at best, they don't care if eventually they get penalized. they are a big company-its not skin off their nose. GOOD LUCK and DO NOT SETTLE (unless your spouse has insurance for you that covers a pre-existing condition).
kaat776

Old 10-11-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Bernie: Try alternating ice and heat. You can buy the gel packs at Wal-
Mart. Advil works great, also.

It takes awhile to get into see a doctor and be approved by WC. Meantime, they have to let you see a doctor of your own choice.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #6

bernie24-7 HB User

thanks everyone yeah I'm gonna get anopther attorney my friend also got hurt on the job too so I'm gonna go with his attorney he hasn't had any problems at all yet .it's been a year for him too but he's getting paid bi-weekly .and I'm not but I guess that's a good thing cause he has to pay it back out of his settlement but the problem is the pain it's like thier playin games but I'm the one suffering with the pain.I've been to the ER like 3-4 times this year to get pain pills because what they will do is send me to the dr. and I'll start getting pain pills I'm ok then they will[dr.]will say he can't find anything then it's very hard to get an oppoinment and extremly hard to get pain pills because they'll say well the dr.say he can't find anything wrong with me that leave me stuck and in pain like till maybe a month or something like that till they find another dr. check out my other post in this section

Closed Thread