It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #1

sherryzeta HB User
Still Recovering

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who have been praying and thinking good thoughts out there for me.

It is now day 11 after receiving the ADR. For those of you who asked, my dr.'s name is Dr. Blumenthal at Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. My other ortho who has been treating me until the ADR was Dr. Rey Bosita, he is at TBI as well.

I am still sore in my back where the ADR is located at. They have me on painkillers and muscle relaxers for this pain but I am no longer feeling near the pain I had before my surgery. I used to have severe pain down my left leg all the way to my foot and lots of numbness and tingling, but that is completely gone now. I am still stiff though. In my directions for care after going home, they said to not bend over too much, and I know why...ouch! Also, I do get a tired when I stand up too long...but that may be because I have been off of my feet for so long before my surgery.

My recovery has been pretty fast compared to a spinal fusion, and my pain level had decreased so much that I would definitely suggest this to anyone.

Also, I still do not know when NBC will be airing the story. I will let all of you know when I find out.

I was also wondering if there was anyone who has been on this board who has also had the ADR? If you have will you post to let me know what your recovery was like? Thanks!

Thank you all for all of your encouraging words!

Sherry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Re: Still Recovering

Don't you just love Dr Bosita? I jus thad surgery with him too. I was suppose to have a different doctor there, but had Dr Bosita at the last minute.

I'm a candidate for ADR after I get this current mess cleaned up. I hope it's a couple years down the road before I have to deal with it as I've already had 2 back surgeries in 14 months.

Seeya at TBI HA

Hunni

Closed Thread