It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

Jo-chan HB User
Anyone have this "back" problem?

I've been struggling with pain for a year now and so far none of the doctors I've seen can figure out what's causing it. I'm hoping maybe someone out there has/had a similar problem and can help.

The pain seems to radiate from a spot right above my left collarbone and I feel pain in my neck & upper back and tenderness on that spot. It first started when I moved into a new building for my work and I've been through months of physical therapy, several prescription anti-inflammatories and even an antidepressant with no improvement. At first the pain was minor and only occured a few times a week, at the end of the workday, but it became increasingly worse and more frequent until it got to the point where it's always there. Now sometimes it hurts so bad that it feels like I'm being poked with a needle or cut with a knife on that spot over my collarbone.

Fortunately I do have pain meds that help me deal with the pain, but I want to treat the problem, not the symptoms. My doc has given me a prescription for yet another anti-inflammatory and frankly I don't have much hope that it will help. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any advice for me?

Old 10-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #2

LFCA HB User
Re: Anyone have this "back" problem?

Whenever people have physical pain that doctors can't diagnose, I always suggest Clair Davies' wonderful book "The Triggerpoint Therapy Workbook, Your Self-Treatment Guide For Pain Relief". If you don't care to purchase it, you can probably borrow it from your public library.

Bonnie Prudden's book(s) (I know she has one, but maybe two)) on the same subject are also a possibility, but I found Mr. Davies' book much more user-friendly, though there are Bonnie Prudden certified "Myotherapy" practitioners available in many states for non-do-it-yourselfers looking for pain relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2004, 07:37 AM   #3
(female)

Jo-chan HB User
Re: Anyone have this "back" problem?

jenemc - Thanks for your advice but I forgot to add that I've already seen my chiropractor about this problem. He's helped me tremendously with lower back pain but unfortunately hasn't been able to help with this upper back/neck/shoulder stuff. I've also had tons of Rolfing done by my husband, who used to do Rolfing for a living, but to no avail.

LFCA - Thanks for your book suggestions. I plan to find them and check them out.

Thanks again to both of you for responding. I hope to find some relief soon!

Closed Thread