It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Getting another MRI... and a Myelogram

Hey guys.... Just a little update on what is goin on with me..... I go next Wednesday for a Myelogram and CT of my lumbar spine... and for a MRI of my Cervical Spine... I have developed problems with my neck and arms since all this stuff with my lower back has been going on..... you know arms going numb...just when simply sitting in a chair.... last three fingers on my hands going numb... arms burning and hurting.. so the new Neurologist I was referred to by my Pain Management doctor has ordered a MRI ... FINALLY... after going through 3 different Neurologists...and non of them would even acknowledge what I was saying to them about the problems in my upper back and neck... but as soon as I mentioned it to this new guy first thing he said is... We need to get a MRI .....and he wants the Myelogram and CT of my lower back to see what we are dealing with there.. he thinks there is either a new herniation or a reherniation, or possibly something that was missed during the first surgery, and perhaps it has gotten worse since my last MRI in August....He says since the ESI's arent helping I may be looking at surgery again one of these days...

What can any of you tell me about the Myelograms.... my neuro told me that since I didnt have any problems with the ESI's as far as it not hurting and stuff... that I should be completely fine with the Myelogram.... plus the Radiology place is going to sedate me for my MRI... so I will still be somewhat sedated for the Myelogram...

Anyway... just thought I would bring all of you up to speed on what is going on ... Ya'll have a good one... and Take Care..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
(female)

texasmary HB User
Re: Getting another MRI... and a Myelogram

I had a myelogram and CT scan of lumbar spine two weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I was expecting the same discomfort I had many years ago with a spinal tap. But they used a very small needle and x-ray equipment to place it exactly. The injection itself did not hurt at all, but there was a small amount of discomfort as the dye went through the area. I went home feeling great... no headache as I had feared. But about 8 hours later I began to feel like flu... aching all over and sensitive to touch. When I was still feeling flu-like the following day I called the radiologist. They said to keep forcing fluids to get all the dye out. Sure enough about 24 hours after the symptoms began, I was feeling fine again. The radiologist said it takes about 24 hours for the dye to leave your body, but it took more like 30 hours for me. Just curious if you are in the Dallas area. I was very happy with where I had mine done in Dallas. First class professional all the way! Oh yes, the CT scan only took about 5-10 minutes. I am claustrophobic and was expecting something more like an MRI, but thank goodness the CT was much easier... it is a donut, not a tube.

Old 10-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: Getting another MRI... and a Myelogram

[QUOTE=texasmary] Just curious if you are in the Dallas area. I was very happy with where I had mine done in Dallas. [/QUOTE]

Actually no... I am in Austin...I wish the place is doing my ESI's was where I am going for the Myelogram and stuff.... they have done such a good job of making my experience with the ESI's very pleasent... no problems at all...but thanks for your response... hopefully mine will go as well as yours did..... Thanks again.....Take Care.....

Closed Thread