It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2004, 06:37 AM   #1

kathy372001 HB User
What Else Can Happen???????????????

Hello Everyone,
Yesterday really sucked the day started out like normal but about 10 am it happened I had a mild stroke didnt really know what was happening just thought it was my vertigo acting up again so went to the Dr in the afternoon and she said thats what it was. Today I go for more test and more again on Monday. Im fine just have a little chest pain and still have back pain. The signs they say to watch for there wasnt any except slurrd speach.
Ive been dealing with WC and they have tried every thing possible to make my life miserable and they have. I know that they want to know everything about your whole intire life, they make you jump through every hoop hoping that you will give up when is the right time to say enough is enough????
Is it worth my life I know its just a mild one but is that a sign.
Sorry just had to whin a little.
kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Old 10-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kayley HB User
Re: What Else Can Happen???????????????

I know what you mean Kathy. I've been going through the WC nightmare for two and a half years. I am completely disabled from my accident and on SS Disability and about to hang it up on WC. Soon after reading a report from a doctor my lawyer sent me to about how if I would just get mental help, I could go back to work, now something else has come up. I got a letter from my lawyer saying my pain management doctor wants several thousand dollars to write a report and testify on my behalf. My lawyer thinks we should go for it, but I'm not so sure because I have no clue how much the final award will be and will it be worth it? My blood pressure has been frighteningly high at times and I worry about a stroke too. Sometimes I feel like hanging it up and my husband doesn't understand because he is just looking at the money, but this affects more than your pocket, as you well know. I will pray for you, and I hope everything works out well for you. Take care!
Kayley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I am so sorry you had the stroke. I hope you have a good result and there are no lasting effects. I have worked with many stroke patients, and sometimes it can be one of the worst types of disability, neck to quadraplegia. I wish you well-Melissa

Old 10-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran

AlSmith HB User

It is amazing how much back problems can affect the rest of your health. Kathy, I recommend you educate yourself to warning signs of both stroke and heart attack. Women often have different symptoms than men and you hear mostly of symptoms in men. I lost my aunt to a heart attack because she was not properly diagnosed. She had alot of jaw pain and was sent to the dentist. Jaw pain is a symptom you see in women more than men. Please don't mess around.

As far as Blood Pressure, as some of you know, I am a pharmaceutical sales rep and I sell high blood pressure pills. I cannot tell you what company or what drugs I educate docs about and I definitely am not a doctor but please take you bp seriously. If you have high bp, it is like you have jumped off a cliff. The meds the doc prescribes is like a net to catch you. Once off that cliff, if you do not get a safety net, you will hit the ground.

I am sorry if I have gone too far on this but it is a subject near to my heart and I want all of us to live happy, healthy, pain free lives ( and long ones too).

Alan

Old 10-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi ,
I am also on w/c for 2 years and it does seem like my health keeps getting worse and worse. I dont know if it is from all the pain or stress we are under, but now my pulse keeps jumping up , if I walk up like 4 stairs its 159, and just sitting it was 144. I went to my primary dr. today because we need a referal for my insurance, I am not taking any chances, my dr. said I did not have any signs of any fast pulse till after the surgery. So I am off to the heart dr. next week, I am not waiting for any w/c or anyone, I want to follow up with this. I wish you both the best of health.
cookie

Old 10-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #6

kathy372001 HB User

Thanks Everyone,
Ive been taking it easy this weekend have had chest pain everyday nothing serious the Dr said it has alot to do with the stress of WC and everything else. I found out that a couple of signs I had I didnt even know where signs. One was my blood pressure was high and usaully I have low blood pressure, the next was a headace from hell for the last 6 days that's still going on. My eye sight was real blurry exspecailly at nite I also have floater. Also have had heart pulputations( where you can feel it racing and sharp pain) I had asked my eye Dr about these things and they said my vision is the same but the blurriness can because from chronic pain didnt know that either.
Know I take asprin once a day and I have more tests monday.
So today Im just relaxing and thanks for your concern
kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Old 10-17-2004, 01:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi Kathy,
Just reading your post, you sound like me, I am hoping my fast pulse and rapid heart beat is from pain and stress. I will not be a happy camper if they find more problems with me. I will call and make an appt; with heart dr. monday, it will take at least a week before I can see him. I also have low blood pressure and for pulse to be so high is kind of scary. I know I have a mitro valve, but never had a problem with it, I also have floaters, all the time. You are the first person I have read that has floaters also. I also have been having headaches on and off, so who knows, its always something. I hope all is going well for you.
cookie

Closed Thread