It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
my body!!!!

anyone else get restless body???? Seems lately I have been getting that a lot. Maybe it is a small anxiety attack?? I don't know. I take something to help calm me but doesn't always help. It makes me so uncomfortable. It starts in my legs then goes to my groin and stomach, up to my torso and arms. It floods through my body and I don't know why!

Plus, hubby and I got into a stupid fight, one that I wouldn't be bothered by, and when he went into the bedroom I just started to cry. I haven't cried since August when I left the first doc's office. Then, after calming down, I cried again!! In the interum, my body is doing what I described above, I am still trying to quit smoking, I have 5 pain pills left, don't know when I will have the discogram, std benefits have stopped until I get the notes from Oct 5's visit with NS, hubby having problems at work, I am bored, I have to sleep on the couch every night, then the pets keep me from sleeping well. Depression, sure, but I am on Zoloft AND Wellbutrin (for smoking cessation) if anything, I should be feeling really up! NOT down....

Old 10-15-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: my body!!!!

oh,and to make matters worse, I think I am getting sick. You know how you can tell b/c food and drinks start tasting bad and you have an un-settling feeling in your stomach?? This is not from meds though, I just hope it is not the flu. That is the last thing I need right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

I hear you 100%. It's totally normal, well it's funny what we here call normal ! Anyway about the restless body I get it more often than not. I haven't figured out anything that totally helps but I do have muscle relaxants and it seems to do some good.
As for everything else it's easy to blaim it on not smoking and that would definitly be a major factor but I think it's just having your life tousled upside down and then shaken like crazy in between that makes you really sensitive and emotional. At least that's how I figure it for myself. Your situation has happened to me, exactly. Last time I cried I was balling at my ortho's appt and then my boyfriend and I were not even fighting just bickering at each other one night and I started to cry and had no control over it. It's a very difficult situation. And I'm surprised that I'm not completely depressed and crying all the time. This rollar coaster ride of first and fore most pain but then on top of that anxiety, stress, emotional, physical, and mental pain I could go on but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, it's just too much at times and we let it build up and that's why we lose it at times. Anywho I guess we can thank god for this board because without it, what would we do?! Well take care and remember we're here for you. Kristy.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

thanks kristy- it is good to know there are others who go through this stuff, which I already knew. Just a lot of stuff that goes on at once. Can't ever have it easy. Either everything is good or everything SEEMS to be bad. I have muscle relaxers I may take if the restlessness doesn't go away soon. I usually have a hard time crying now that I have been on zoloft. So, when I do cry, I know something is going on. just gotta get through the next few weeks or so, gosh, I hope something gets better. When stuff like this happens, it just seems to go on forever.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:11 PM   #5

PaulaZ HB User

Mel,

I get the restless feeling in my bad leg, but not usually in my whole body.

If it just started for you maybe it has to do with the nicotine withdrawal, or maybe a new med!? Did you just start the Wellbutrin?

Some of those drugs have wierd side effects. Plus everything else you're going through.... no wonder. Muscle relaxers should help. I take xanax to help me relax.... it works!! Sometimes we don't have a choice.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I started getting this a week ago, before I started any new meds and before I decided to quit smoking. Maybe it is subconscious anxiety??? Who knows. I took a muscle relaxer, so we'll see if that helps.
Oh, and get this-watching re-runs of CSI on spike tv and the episode we are watching just happens to have a dead woman who has had the ADR!!!!! What are the odds? Strange thing is, this month is the month they are approving it, and when this series was made, it was a dream!

Old 10-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hey Mel,
Just wondering how you are doing today and if the muscle relaxants helped when you took it yesterday or not. Take care. Kristy.

Old 10-17-2004, 01:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

the muscle relaxers did help, but it seems I get this feeling daily at night now. Sometimes it isn't strong, but I can tell it is there. I only have one MR left, so I may just try benadryl and see if that helps. Thanks for checking in on me!!!

Old 10-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: my body!!!!

Hi Mel, sorry I am just now checking the boards. I wish I had read yours sooner. Hopefully you are doing better. I can't talk about the restless feeling, but I know that mood swings do happen quite abit after surgery and then with quitting cigarettes, stress at home plus the stress from being low on meds and not knowing what is going to happen next, if you run out...well I think it's absolutely understandable. I will keep you and your situations in my prayers.

lorie

Old 10-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

thank you too foster, I appreciate it. Doing better, but I can tell now when it is coming on. I start getting a feeling in my stomach. At that time, I try and take some meds and relax. If it doesn't go away, sometimes I try taking a bath. we'll see what happens.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User

very well could be withdrawals. xanax and muscle relaxers help. stay strong.

jayboy

Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I had these feelings before I decided to quit smoking early. I think it is a little anxiety along with being in pain or uncomfortable. Still get this way-but working through it. Thanks you all.

Closed Thread