It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
back pain when wearing heals???

so weird! it seems that every shoe i buy hurts my back. i bought a nice pair of leather shoes the other day, it was a short heal and seemed comfy at the time and now my back kills when i wear them. weird thing is i hardly even walk at work! but they still manage to hurt my back. Every shoe I buy tends to do this, i seem to be spending a lot of money on shoes! when i put on my running shoes my back feels much better, or when i take the shoes off and walk the pain goes away! maybe its that particular shoe?? anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-16-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: back pain when wearing heals???

I sure do! I have to wear either runners or flat sandals. I use to always wear heels and I miss them a lot! But it makes an incredible difference when I were runners compared to heels. It's crappy but that's the way it has to be for me. Take care. Kristy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

Me too!! I was ALWAYS in heals! Not now! I tried the other day and not only did I almost fall flat on my face, but the burning pain in my back was unbearable! Needless to say, my sneaks and sandals are the only way to go for me too!
Good Luck
~M~

Old 10-17-2004, 05:46 AM   #4

Jenna'sMom HB User

Yep, me too. I'm 3 months post op. I do walk a little at work, and my second week back, I wore a pair of low (3/4") chunky heels, my back was killing me, I could barely walk by the end of the day. 3 weeks later it's a little better. I haven't worn anything beyond a 1/2". I put those gel heel cushions in my shoes (1 pair that just rotates to the shoes I'm wearing) and that seems to help alot. I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear my 2" heels again, but I'll settle for really cute flats if it saves my back

Julie
shoeaholic
(just got a great pair of flats yesterday at DSW)

APLIF T4-S1 on july 19, 2004
Harrington rod T5 - T12 1982

Old 10-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #5

Voguegirl HB User

Me too! I lived in heels before my back went - I really loved my shoes. Now it's a case of the flatter the better and my birkenstock sandals were a life saver during the summer. I never thought I'd own a pair of birkenstocks! The only good news is that flat shoes are very 'in' this season so at least we will all be fashionable anyway!!

I wore heels out last night - but I had a lift to the restaurant, sat for the evening (lumbar support tucked in behind me) and a lift home. I think I walked around 40 steps in all - but my back could tell the difference!

I never thought I'd agree with my mother's saying - comfort before fashion - but if it keeps the pain away...

Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Cool Re: back pain when wearing heals???

I know what you are talking about, now I buy Born shoes, they are the most comfy!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

that is one thing I dearly miss. OVer the year, I was able to wear heels just fine, then of course with all this back and neck stuff, it gets harder to wear them. I wear them still if I will only be out for a short time, and I don't have to walk much, but for casual wear, I guess now it has to be flats. The thing that angers me, is I can't seem to find nice looking flat or low heel shoes! No offense to anyone, but I feel so much older having to wear flats, and all the cool shoes are heels. I am very saddend! Anyone know of a good shoe website?????

Closed Thread