It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 06:01 AM   #1

lynns HB User
in pain from yard work

well i did way to much this weekend. i thought i would do a little yard work that turned in to allday job. i was weeding the garden that turned out to be complete yard work. we had alot of trees that came down from all the hurricanes and we had still alot of limb debree. well i baged 12 black trash bags up and normal yard work. now i havent done any yard work in along time and i probaly never will again. every bone in my body aches from head to toe and muscles are as tight as steel. well besides that my right hip feels like i have dislocated it and it is very painful. my question is can you dislocate your hip and still be able to walk on it a little but be in anormous pain? any thoughts will be great. thank you

Old 10-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: in pain from yard work

I think it depends. I have had patients who try to walk on their dislocated hips, but many of them have been confused and on meds. I really doubt you would be able to walk w/o extreme pain if you dislocated yours. Could be a muscle pull or ligament pull. I can't tell you for sure-if it is real bad, get in to your doc asap. Otherwise, take some Ibuprophen, ice it and relax. I know what you mean about overdoing it-just weedwacking causes me problems!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 AM   #3

lynns HB User

thanks mel, that was the first time in months since i did anything so stainius,and i think it will be the last for a while or untill doctor sees me and says different.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Lynns: Sounds like you just overdid. Muscles tend to atrophy when not used on a regular basis. I seem to recall a discussion about maybe, a torn or stretched ligament? If this is the case, your hip will feel like it is out of place or on fire when you over use it. Have you tried an SI belt? I use one when I am going to be doing stuff out in the yard.

Back aches, musles aches, are tricky, they won't hurt at the time, but do after we finish whatever we are doing and then you rememeber why you had quit doing that particular thing in the first place.

They are trying to outlaw hand weeding in CA because it is so hard on the back.

Ice that hip and ask your doctor about an SI belt.

sorry about the pain,

Closed Thread