It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
degenerative disk disease/pain meds

i was diagnosed with ddd around 7 months ago. i've had two esi's and still no relief. i'm only 31. i'm taking hydro 10/325 but they aren't working as well anymore and i have started to take more and more but am very nervous. i'm a christian but i'm am in so much pain. my back, hip, buttocks, and leg cause pain. im up to six hydros a day. i cant take the meds with food because they aren't as effective. pm doctors won't give me anything stronger which i guess is good but i'm in so much pain. i wonder how much hydro is safe to take at one time. i feel like i'm abusing the meds when i take several but its the only time i get some relief. doctors don't want me to have surgery yet. i really dont want to go on much longer without surgery.

is anyone going through a similar situation with the constant pain and pain meds. im new to this site. thanks, jason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: degenerative disk disease/pain meds

I am kinda. I have two discs that are degenerating (L4-S1). I have had injections, emg, pt and will be having a discogram soon. I know how you feel about meds. Just last week I realized I was taking up to eight percocets a day! Of course, on the bottle I can take two at a time, and it varied on the time between. But, that made me run out of meds. Lortabs didn't help me any. After my discogram my dr and I will discuss surgery (two level fusion). I am only 26, and can't live a normal life right now. I am not expecting a miracle, but I would like some relief. Just enough so I can sit through school and get around (hubby wants to fly to Europe, and unless I have surgery, there is NO WAY I could sit on a plane for 12 hours, four is bad enough). I understand I may have some pain, but that is the risk you take. I know some may say to wait, but I may want to have kids later. Right now we don't, but maybe in eight years we will. I couldn't carry a kid right now, no way. If I have a fusion, I would feel better about having kids. Don't know if any of this is relevent, but just wanted to show you there are others out there who understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User

rrrrrrr55555

Last edited by jayboy557; 10-18-2004 at 07:30 PM.

Old 10-18-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User

mel, i'm having a discogram on thursday. i let you know how it goes. i have a 16 month old and one on the way. very hard on the back. thanks for the response. jason/jayboy557

Old 10-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

Please do!!

Old 10-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #6

ch04 HB User

jason

keep looking forward m8

Closed Thread