It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
(male)

BrianKosh HB User
Question I need your help, has anyone anyone ever

tried a treatment called prolotherapy ?

The treatment is useful for many different types of musculoskeletal pain, including arthritis, back pain, neck pain, fibromyalgia, sports injuries, unresolved whiplash injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic tendonitis, partially torn tendons, ligaments and cartilage, degenerated or herniated discs, TMJ and sciatica. What is prolotherapy?
The treatment causes the proliferation (growth, formation) of new ligament tissue in areas where it has become weak.
Prolotherapy uses a dextrose (sugar water) solution, ( I think there is a few warnings out with it, about certain medications (blood pressure) and diabetes??don't quote me on that.) which is injected into the ligament or tendon or... where it attaches to the bone. This causes a localized inflammation in these weak areas which then increases the blood supply and flow of nutrients and stimulates the tissue to repair itself.

It worked for my friend, his back issue was paralyzing at times and a potent pain killer only made it bearable..but..the prolotherapy made him exhauseted and as he had the flu, but he did not... ( It could be caused by other medical issues, but for the sake of this question.. I am not adding that part ..) now, because of his exhaustion and that it is not clearing itself up, the doctor wants to do a blood transfusion.. seems extreme but I bet there is way more to it... however..

The question is, has anyone had this ( experimental ??) treatment and how did it turn out? thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: I need your help, has anyone anyone ever

Brian, if you look up my old posts you can follow my progress with Prolo

Closed Thread