It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

dpaz HB User
Here I go with another Myelogram

I've posted on here a few times before, but not very often. I have been having problems with my lower back for about a year now. I had the normal work up, MRI, Myelogram, ESI. I seemed to do better for awhile. I am a correctional officer and changed prisons and the one I'm at now, I work days and am on my feet for 8 hours straight. They don't even give us a place to sit. Anyway, in July on one of my shifts, I had to open a VERY large gate (semi trucks pass through it). It's on 2 very small wheels near the front of the gate. I felt my back pull and pop and was immediately in pain, and stiffened up in a matter of a few minutes. I have not been back to work since July 13th. But Worker's comp of course says I did not hurt myself at work because they know of the preexisting problem. Anyway, their doc said it was directly related to pulling the gate, they still controverted only 6 days after the accident. I finally got a lawyer to take my case and says he can win it. I've had to use my own insurance (which now is cancelled for non-payment due to being out of work). THe neurosurgeon I visited in March says I aggravated it and now I go for another day of fun known as the myelogram. I have been told they will still do it even with no insurance and the doc will see me for a follow up afterwards. I can really really empathize with those going through this with workers comp. We had to go start bankruptcy proceedings yesterday or we would lose our vehicle. Oh well, life's not all bad, I have a great husband and 2 wonderful sons who are 11 an 13. I thank God for my family. Please, all of you take care and try not to dwell on all the bad things that can happen, because I'm sure we all still have so much to be thankful for everyday. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Re: Here I go with another Myelogram

Good Luck with your Mylegram. I hope all can work out for you.
I love your attitude in that you see that no matter how rough things are, you realize that you have your family. Sometimes we all miss what our priorities are and when we refocus, everything else tends to fall in place.

I wish you the best.
Hunni

Old 10-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

dpaz HB User

THank you so much for your reply. I realize we are all going through such similar things, the support we get here is great. I'll post after my myelogram tomorrow. Last time I had one, I went through it very easily and walked out of the ambulatory care center on my own, and never really had much pain. Hope this one goes as smoothly. Everybody take care of yourselves.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:50 PM   #4

JayEff HB User

Your attitude is great! I wish you smooth sailing also. I've had 3 mylograms and they were the most painful thing I've ever had to do. Make sure you have a good wc atty. I'm in wc black hole as well. Laws are different by state. I'm in Florida. So I don't know if I can give you any help regarding my experiences. Good luck and thanks for being so positive.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
(female)

dpaz HB User

Well, I'm back from the myelogram. I have to say that this one was much more painful than the last one. The last one I felt the pressure, but when it was over I was fine. This time my back and legs, especially left because that is where most of my problem is, hurt like crazy and all they would give me was tylenol. But-----My father has told me stories of his myelograms back in the 1970's, with the oil based dye and staying in the hospital overnight. REally they probably should keep you in there overnight, it's a very invasive procedure. He also got the spinal headache both times. I didn't get it last time, and don't want it this time. I getting to go rest. I go on Monday morning to discuss the results with my neurosurgeon. Take care everybody.

Closed Thread