It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
(male)

IndigoVortigan HB User
Back Problems from work (Pls Read)

Hi all

Im a 22 year old male and have been doing jobs that involve lifting all my life but last week i had to lift 50 boxes up ladders to the loft myself in work. I told them this wasn't a one man job but two and they said don't worry your young..

Now I woke up today my back is in agony, my breath is cut shorter than usual or so it feels. Its the middle of my back though which is sore, I thought it would be lower. I haven't went to doctor's (Because my dad said they would only give me Ibuprofon so I took some and back is still sore. It feels burning and sore in middle of back. Any suggestions or answers as to how I can help this?.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User
Re: Back Problems from work (Pls Read)

I would go to the Dr. Better to be safe then sorry! Your Dad may prove to be right, but you never know!
~M~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran

AlSmith HB User

If I were to make a guess, your injury sounds more like a muscle strain than a disc or spinal injury. Those do usually start feeling better within a week and Ibuprofen should help ease the pain somewhat. If you are concerned and the fact you posted a message here shows you are, I would go to the doctor. Worst case, you find there is seriously wrong and you have a doctor bill. Hope you feel better soon.

Alan

Old 10-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Back Problems from work (Pls Read)

I agree with seeing a Dr. (ortho or neuro) for 2 reasons. Most important, if it is something worse than a strain...you'll want to prevent yourself from injuring it more. Second, if it is worse than you think, you may be wanting to get workman's comp. and if you don't have a Drs. appt. soon after the incident, they will likely use that against you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lorie

Old 10-20-2004, 05:02 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

This is kind of late now, but the first thing that you do, no matter if it turns out to be minor or serious, is file an injury report. Otherwise, should you need treatment and it was caused by work, it is close to impossible to get your claim through. Hopefully, it is only a strain.

Closed Thread