It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Thumbs up Had My Myelogram, CT and MRI today.....

Hey Guys... well I went for my Myelogram and CT of my lumbar, and a MRI of my cervical this morning....They did the MRI first..... and then the myelogram, it went very smoothly, the myelogram was not painful at all, only pain I felt was the little stick when they gave me the novacaine..... and when he injected the dye I felt a small bit of pressure in my back and legs, but I cant say it was painful.....then they took me and did the CT and I went back to a small recovery room and they had me lay on a bed for about 2 hrs....while there they had me drink cup after cup of water...then the nurse came in took my vitals again.. and said.... Your free to go... I walked out.... came home and been laying in bed... they told me to keep my head elevated on pillows and stay flat on my back for 24-48 hrs...... so far no spinal headache....{{{fingers crossed}}} so far so good.... I am a bit woozy or weak feeling....and its a bit sore around the entry site.......but thats no biggie..... anyway wanted to update everyone on what is goin on...... Hope you all are doin well..... Take Care....

Old 10-20-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
Re: Had My Myelogram, CT and MRI today.....

hey tex,

i'm from houston area. hope everything goes well. i'm having a discogram tomorrow morning and they want me there three hours early at 6am. what is a myelogram. i'm new to the site and my condition of degenerative disk disease. get some rest. later, jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
(female)

alexcasper HB User

Hi Tex,

I had a myleogram this morning also! They sent me home with my films so of course I had to look at them. I'm convinced that if you can read Chinese you can read a CT film - if you don't read Chinese hang it up! I hope you have a good report, I don't want mine to show anything but then I do so I know why I'm in pain.

Good Luck and I hope you have no heaadache tomorrow,

Kim in Indy

Old 10-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

[QUOTE=jayboy557]hey tex,

i'm from houston area. hope everything goes well. i'm having a discogram tomorrow morning and they want me there three hours early at 6am. what is a myelogram. i'm new to the site and my condition of degenerative disk disease. get some rest. later, jason[/QUOTE]

Hey Jason... from Austin here...I had to be there at 8am... left at Noon......A Myelogram is where they have you lay flat on your stomach on a Xray table... they take some Xrays....then they insert a needle into the area where your problem is.... for example mine is at L5-S1... so they gave me a local anestetic, inserted the needle into my spinel canal.... watched everything they were doing on a screen with floroscopy xray ...I could see it too.... and then they injected dye into my spinel canal.... removed the needle and then had me roll from side to side to get the dye to move around as they took more Xrays....then they raised the table until I was standing straight up....took more xrays... had me turn from side to side... bend forward and backward while taking more xrays..... then then they took me over and did a CT scan on me....CT is alot like a MRI but they said shows more detail.... the Myelogram and CT help show up spurs, and other things that wont show on a MRI....after all this they had me lay in the revocery room for 2 hrs drink lots of water...and they kept my head elevated so I wouldnt get a spinel headache from the dye....At home I have to stay flat on my back with my head elevated on two pillows for 24-48 hrs... and keep drinking lots of fluids to flush the dye out of my system....I am only supposed to get up to eat and go to the restroom....I feel very weak, almost like having the flu... achy body...but no headache so far.... Thank goodness....The radiologist that did my procedure was very good.... didnt hurt me at all....So it wasnt anything like the horror stories I have heard about how much they hurt..... I did have a bit of pressure and such in my legs and stuff when he injected the dye... but nothing I would call painful....best of luck with you discogram.... hope you feel better soon....Take Care .......

Old 10-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

you know, my dr said that I had such a good MRI that a myleogram wasn't necessary. Anyone else been told that? Some of you had suggested I have one so we did mention it to him, then he told me that. Instead, he wants the discogram, then we will discuss if I will be having any fusions.
Texas, I am glad it went well for you!

Closed Thread