It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2004, 08:22 AM   #1

creagerkj HB User
Question Anything Will Help

[B]ANYTHING WILL HELP![/B] [U]Please take two minutes to review this for me.[/U] Okay here goes, please be patient with me. I am in the Army, and I have have been experiencing lower back pain. Well I had and X-ray-nothing, had the MRI-nothing, I am scheduled to have a total body bone scan-I pray I find out what it is. I was reading up on this whole back thing on WebMDHealth. It said that the bone scan will pick up the certain areas of the bone that lack the radioactive tracer they inject into you. The "Cold" spots they pick up may be a type of cancer called [I]mutltiple myeloma[/I]. This cancer is caused by the overproduction of plasma cells causeing an increase in the antibodies. The cancer cells can crowd out normal blood cells causeing a reduction in red blood cells(anemia). Well after reading this it startled me because for three years the doctors have been trying to cure my anemia, and can't seem to. Which leads me to believe that this is the reason for my back pain. This sympton eventually enlarges your (females) uterus and it can tip onto your spine, causing what seems to be "back problems" So my question is...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT??? Cancer runs very high in my family. My mother was treated for endometriosis, my older sister, and younger sister, my little brother has leukemia, my father had cancer in the dermis in his head (skin), my aunt passed from leaukemia, my great aunt had breast cancer, and both my grandparents have cancer. SOOO as you can see it runs very high in my family, and on both sides. [B]Can someone please help me. Pretty please.[/B] I'm just a persistent 20 yr. old Soldier who is concerned for her health. Thank You. Be blessed SPC Creager, USA, QM, SPC

Last edited by creagerkj; 10-21-2004 at 08:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This???

Whoa, hang on. Don't jump to a diagnosis based on what you have read on the net. Your back problem could be from a back problem! Sometimes, an MRI won't pick things up and you may need to have more definitive tests like myelogram or discogram. We always tend to think the worst, and with your family history I certainly understand your fears. But don't borrow trouble, okay?
I will say a prayer that nothing serious is found and that you are okay. But, if you would, please come back and describe your back pain more thoroughly....where it is and what it feels like.
I for one, will be watching and hoping that your scan is negative.

Carol
morphine pump

Closed Thread