It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Question Has anyone experienced this??????

Hey all, was just wondering if any of you that have lumbar problems, like L5-S1 if any of you experience pain in your groin area?? feels like the groin muscle has been severely pulled....in the last week I have been experiencing this really bad pain in my left groin muscle...It hurts so bad to even walk..... I know I haven't done anything to pull it... was just curious if the nerve problems in my back and such could make this muscle feel this way... I know my neuro said that the nerve problems are the cause of the feeling in the backs of my legs that feel like muscle catches... or charlie horses.... so just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.... or knew if it could contribute to this feeling....Thanks All... hope you had a good day........ Take Care.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Has anyone experienced this??????

It could be an indication of SI joint inflammation. I would give the doctor a call.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 07:10 PM   #3

sambo99 HB User

dear texaswildrose- in brief: i too have l5s1 issues- a degenerated, bulged, torn l5s1. they say that the disc itself can cause IS joint pain which could entail groin issues. I have pain from my lower center back through my buttucks and hips ans sometimes into the legs/feet. the docs say this is the nerves related to the l5s1 and the disc itself causing all this pain. the phys therapists tried working on the SI stuff but didn't change things much, unfortunately.
sitting is the worst for me and i avoid bending as much as possible. i did do xray guided injections into the si joints and that calmed things down. then i decided that 7 injections in 8 months was enough cortisone for me!
hope this helps/feel free to ask more ?s-
take care-
sambo

Old 10-22-2004, 06:15 AM   #4
(female)

pgood HB User

I am waiting for MRI results on lower back. I too experience groin area pain with tenderness/soreness. It's not to the touch but when I move that I feel this. Dr. said this could be caused by inflammation. I also experience pain down leg to just below the knee and pain/stiffness across lower back. I've also started having trouble turning over in bed at night. I have to sleep in fetal position so leg pain is bearable. I'll just have to wait and see what MRI results are.

Old 10-22-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I get groin pain too-only with mine, my skin is supersensitive and it is very painful. It will radiate from groin to lower butt and back side of legs to knees. If I barely touch my skin it hurts. This happened last time when I had a bulge, it went away after surgery and came back this time around with the new bulges.

Closed Thread