It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

tearsofscarletx HB User
Question Does an epidural hurt?

i mean, will i even be awake to feel it after spinal fusion surgery? what should i do for the ride home from the hospital and while recovering at home. any advice on post op etc. would be very helpful. thankyou!

Old 10-25-2004, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: Does an epidural hurt?

Hi.... Im not sure about an epidural after surgery...and I am not sure what kind of Epidural you are speaking of.... If you are talking about the Epidural Steroid Injections I am more familiar.... I have been going through my series of 3 Epidural Steroid injections have my third tomorrow... and mine have not hurt at all.... Some will tell you they hurt terribly... but for me the only thing I have felt is the needle stick when they give me the local to numb the area... and also a bit of pressure when they inject the contrast and meds... nothing I would call painful...... other then that... nothing at all... but I have also been told it depends on your doctor and their experience with doing the Epidurals.... My Pain Management doc does mine and that is all he does daily are ESI's ... Nerve Blocks.... etc.....But as far as a Epidural after surgery, I would assume if it is to prevent pain after the surgery is done, I would think they would give it to you while you are still asleep before you leave the operating room...thats just my guess....at any rate... Hope this helped a bit.... Good Luck..... Take Care.....

April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread