It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Question Can overly large breasts contribute to these back problems??

Hey ya'll just wondering if any of ya'll think that overly large breasts can contribute to the back problems I have been having.... I am a 38 DD and no matter how much weight I loose ..or anything else, my breasts stay the same size....I am thinking about asking my Neurologist if this could be putting added strain on my lower back and neck when I go see him next week..... Several years ago I had gone to my doctor about my breasts causing back pain and he wanted to refer me for a reduction, but husband (now exhusband) lost his job and medical insurance so I never persued it......... if anyone has any input it is very much welcomed.... Thanks bunches.... Take Care....

April

Last edited by TexasWildRose04; 10-25-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

Janice1033 HB User
Re: Can overly large breasts contribute to these back problems??

Hi April:

Just wanted to say that a friend of mine had to have a breast reduction last year because of neck and back pain.

I was talking to her a while ago and she said that she wished that she had, had it done a long time ago. So yes from what I have heard large breasts can cause neck and back pain.

Good luck and take care let us know how you make out.

Janice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hi there,
I think that it's something to not rule out. I personaly know of 2 people that had a breast reduction because they were having terrible back pain. It did make a difference. Both of them were overweight as well, they were urged to try to get into better shape because any extra weight that you carry is carried by your back. They have noticed a significant difference and don't regret it at all. It's just not something that matters, especially when your lifestyle is being ruined do to pain. Take care. Kristy.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #4
Veteran

Saka HB User

Large breasts certainly can cause back, neck and shoulder problems. In Australia, if your problem is bad enough you can actually get it done as a medical procedure to to health risks (as opposed to a cosmetic procedure) and so the government will help pay for it.

A woman I work with has had 2 reductions due to back problems. When she gains weight she gains it back on her breasts also. She is considering having another as they have become quite large again.

Closed Thread