It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

dpaz HB User
Hurt back at work, new questions

I posted back in July that I hurt my back at work opening a large gate to let a semi through into the back of the prison where I am a correctional officer. I had preexisting conditions with my back , both lumbar and thoracic disc protrusions. I felt the pain and stiffened up immediately, went to personnel and did an accident report and they sent me to their wc doc. First diagnosis was as always lumbar strain. He saw me every few days for about 3 weeks and in his reports says that I hurt my back while opening the gate at work. Well, I did this on July 13th. I got a paper near Aug 1st that wc had controverted the case, but the letter was dated July 19th, just 6 days after the incident. I went to the neurosurgeon I had been to in the spring and he agreed that I exacerbated (sp?) the existing condition, but no new injury. I've since had 2 ESIs and a myelogram. The radiologist reads the myelogram/ct as normal. The doctor does not. He showed me where he believes the facet joints are enlarged and pinching the nerves, both left and right at L4/5. I asked him about when I pulled the gate and he told me that it is not because of an accident. But he did say that an incident like that could bring on the symptoms. I do have an attorney, but I am wondering if I'm not wasting my time, or his time. I have not been released back to work yet, since July 13th. We've had to file bankruptcy. It just all seems to be too much. They cancelled our health insurance policy from my job. My husband can pick it up but it won't start until Dec. 1st. My wc hearing is supposed to be Dec. 14th. I am feeling like it might be better just to drop the case and go on with my life and get treatment on my own. Anyone have any suggestions? Sorry for all the venting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread