It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #1

JWHIT HB User
anterior/posterior fusion

Does anyone have a great story to share about having these two surgeries. I guess I should tell alittle about what I have already gone through. Posterior Fusion L5 S1 (Sept. 2001). I had severe hypersensitivity to the hardware. On steriods for 6 mos. (give or take a few weeks). Pain was so bad that the hardware had to be removed. So in March (6 mos. after fusion) I went through another surgery. I feel worse now than before the fusion. I had 3 epidural injections before fusion with months of physical therapy. I had another 4 injections after the hardware removal. It's sick, but I enjoyed those injections because I was put completely out and so it was a day without pain. Fourth one wasn't so great because I couldn't really feel much from the waist down/almost had to go to ER because I couldn't empty my bladder. So no more epidurals. More physical therapy, left in more pain than when I got there! Now I am facing another surgery. Actually two, the Dr. is going to do them in two stages. One Tues. Nov. 2nd and the other Thurs. Nov. 4th. He is going to do CT scan on Wed. I have seen 5 Spine Surgeons and 2 Nuero Dr. in the past 4 yrs. I must say this week I feel really good about this, of corse last week I was a little freaked out. Everything is in Gods hands. New Dr. New hospital New pain management group. I am planning on having a great outcome! I will keep all in my prayers!
Nett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

memawhurts HB User
Re: anterior/posterior fusion

I have only had the posterior approach, so I can't help you there. But I did want to wish you the best with your surgeries.

You have a wonderful attitude about it all and that will be your biggest asset. So keep it up and keep us informed when you are up to it.

Memaw

Old 10-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #3

shg HB User
Re: anterior/posterior fusion

JWHIT,

I had it. Please search back for my old thread, "Positive Fusion Outcomes Wanted" and you'll see tons of great stuff.

shg

Closed Thread