It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #1

adaisy HB User
Exclamation Am I healing??????? Comments please.

Hello everybody. I've been really hesitant to mention this aloud but is it possible I'm healing? Lately my pain has decreased, almost three days without bad pain. Still a little but nothing compared to a few weeks ago and previously. I am very hopeful that my herniations may be healing. Could it be that quick? I've had a few isolated days of minimal pain but not consecutively. Every time before when I thought after a good day (pain wise) that I could be on the upswing I had a miserable day that confirmed my thinking to be only optimistic. Any one who did heal ... did it happen fast, not that this is fast it's been 10 months, but sudden I guess. Am I hopeful again for no reason? Also maybe it's the weather its been dry outside and we did turn our furnace on a week ago. Would a dry warm house make my symptoms subside? I have also been on Neurontin for 2 months and lortab for 2 months. Any ideas I'd hate to build myself up for another letdown (that happens often enough with this type of injury). Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday I had an Emg done and the results were not so good. Both legs showed affects, and the Dr. mentioned the results should have all been in the 30. range and mine were 16. and below in my good leg and as low as 1.64 in my bad leg. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Am I healing??????? Comments please.

you know, I wish I could tell you. My pain has been bad since July then all of a sudden two weeks ago it seemed to disapear. Well, now it is back again, full force. I think some of the pain in my neck is stress related, and may have healed some, but my back won't. I have DDD in both lowest lumbar discs. May have surgery. I do think that stress and activity can def make a difference in how good a person feels. But, I really don't have an answer for you, wish I did. Maybe ask your doctor, and even request another MRI, just to see if there is any change??? I don't know if someone can answer a q for me, but will insurance pay for an MRI if surgery has not been done, and you just want to see if there is healing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread