It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
(male)

tattooyu HB User
Hip pain after adjustment

Hey there! I just had my first chiropractic adjustment yesterday. Four of my dorsal/thoracic vertebrae were rolled, causing back pain and reflux/bloating. I feel MUCH better today!

My doc said that I might be a little sore, but I am experiencing some pain now in my hip/buttock area that I didn't have before. Sometimes it's pretty painful to walk. Is this my body adjusting to being "correct" you think?

I might call him tomorrow to see what he says. He is a great guy! He really cares about his patients and doesn't load them up with needlessly long or frequent regimens just to get money.

Last edited by tattooyu; 01-13-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Hip pain after adjustment

Nooo, I don't think your body is adjusting .. I think you should have an MRI to see if you have any disc problems. People just don't understand that all that cracking and popping, twisting, etc can cause more problems than they fix.

Perhaps your family dr. will order the MRI to see if there are any problems that need to be addressed.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
(male)

tattooyu HB User

[QUOTE=carol632]Nooo, I don't think your body is adjusting .. I think you should have an MRI to see if you have any disc problems. People just don't understand that all that cracking and popping, twisting, etc can cause more problems than they fix.

Perhaps your family dr. will order the MRI to see if there are any problems that need to be addressed.
Carol[/QUOTE]

The pain isn't excruiating at all. Just mildly annoying. I'll call my doctor and ask him what he thinks.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I prefer, as many do here, physical therapy to chiro. Not that I haven't tried chiro, but the adjustments only put the vertabrae back in, if there is a disc involved, it can be helped thru PT. The chiro does nothing to teach you how to help yourself at home, all they do is keep you coming back.

At PT they not only relieve your pain, but teach you what exercises to do to strengthen your back & also PT can repair a herniated disc. I'm living proof of it. Had pt for a herniated disc 5 years ago & it is all better.

I had pain over my hip area from the herniated disc. You would do better in PT than the chiro. The exercises I learned in PT are priceless!

Wanted to add, I was always sore after chiro adjustment. At PT they told me I should NEVER be sore after any treatment from them & if I am, to report it to them immediately & they would adjust the exercises.

Last edited by lori j; 01-13-2005 at 11:38 PM.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:56 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User
Exclamation Re: Hip pain after adjustment

Ouch - Im not a big fan of chiros full stop and when I here of what sounds like referered pain ocuurring following "cracking or alligning" it makes me even more sceptical. While the treatment may have aided you in some way you need to be sure that its not agrevating any disc problem you may have. A ct scan or MRI is the best way to see if you in fact have a problem with the discs in your lower back

be careful - good luck

Losy

Old 01-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
(male)

tattooyu HB User

Good news. Hip pain is gone. I think it was just a fluke.

Closed Thread