It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

Puddin HB User
Advice dealing with Worker's Comp

I don't personally have to deal with worker's comp, but I know there are plenty of people who do. Does anybody have any advice or even some encouraging words while dealing with worker's comp nightmares?

Old 01-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User
Re: Advice dealing with Worker's Comp

Ok does anyone have a good experience with W/C or even a not so bad time and how long do they beat you up and drive you crazy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

Puddin HB User

You go, Terri43!
I was thinking about you when I started this thread. After my seemingly heartless suggestion on another thread. Sorry

Anybody have it figured out on how to "work" the system?

Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
(female)

memawhurts HB User

I say it's been a workers comp nightmare, but I guess I have had it pretty good. The biggest problem I had was when they were trying to find a neurosurgeon that would take me after having 2 previous surgeries. They have actually approved everything I have needed. It's just been a long road. I fell and got hurt in January and didn't have the surgery until September.

And so far it's not working either, so we will see what happens next.
Memaw

Old 01-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

My advice is no matter what the circumstances are now hire a darn good laywer, even if all is going well now better to be prepared.
Linda

Old 01-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

Well I'm into it 6 months. My neuro retired, and now I have to start all over again when they decide to approve something. I wish I could just go ahead and have my personal insurance pay for it but the lawyer said I can't because W/C won't let me. I just want to get my life bad and get back to work. thats if they don't find a way to fire me. anyway I can find some kind of job. I just need to do something to help out here. My fiancee works and cooks and cleans and he even washes my hair for me.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

You know my attorney told me to use my privat insurance, he said for no reason to stay in pain and suffer waiting for WC while I had private ins. if you win your claim not only will the court make them rembruise you the ins. co. will go after them.
Linda

Old 01-14-2005, 05:12 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

[QUOTE=Puddin]You go, Terri43!
I was thinking about you when I started this thread. After my seemingly heartless suggestion on another thread. Sorry

Anybody have it figured out on how to "work" the system?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure that we have figured out how to *work* the system, but we got through the first time due to attention to detail and diligence. When I sent in the claim, I had set it up like a term paper, with every doc report, every test result, a diary of events and documentation of the incident that lead to the claim. It had a table of contents and a complete list of everyone that my husband saw along with their information. I think that we flabbergasted them.

It has been one year, last month that he was injured and three months since the surgery. He was approved about six months through, first time through. Everyone told us that it could not be done. I set out with the mind set that it could.

There is a box on most paperwork that you have to fill out for the doctors which asks if you are there as a result of an accident and then it has another box to list the insurance. We were told that we would be committing insurance fraud if we lied and used our private insurance and that it would be hard to win a WC case later. We just told each place that we went that it was WC and that we were waiting for approval. All of them took our private insurance and billed them anyway. When we got approved, the insurance company went after the money. But, at no time did we ever not check that box. We always told them it was WC. We left it to the doctors and insurance companies to work it out.

WC does not pay as much as the insurance companies, this is why the docs bill the insurance first.

If I had it to do over again, I would do it the same and no attorneys. If you have a clear cut case, why hand over 40% to someone else????

just a thought,

Closed Thread