It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

v8euphoria HB User
New here with questions

Hello. After reading virtually all posts, I am still in need of some assistance. I have been dealing with lower back pain since 2000, resulting from a fall through my attic. I dislocated my left hip and luckily it popped back in on its own, I didnt have to have any surgery. However, since the fall, I have had total back and neck pain. Somedays it is lower, somedays it is higher, somedays it is all over. I had a fusion of c3/c4 a year ago, and that really helped my neck. but my lower back is still giving me problems. I have pain in the left side just above my bum, it radiates throught my bum, my thigh muscle, my calf and sometimes my foot. After I walk around a bit, my feet hurt like I have just walked 100 miles. I get tingles and numbness in my left leg from time to time. The last time I tried to dance, my legs gave out and I just fell. There are days that I really don't want to get out of bed, but since i have children, I have no other choice. But there are also days when I feel pretty good and normal. I had an MRI 2 years ago that showed some bulges, stenosis, disk degeneration and slight nerve impengment. I am having a new MRI done next week to see if anything has changed. I have been through therapy, drugs, injections and traction, but it only helps very temporarily. I am seeing a new orthopaedic surgeon, but he has that "oh get over it" attitude. He acted like he was doing me a favor to have the MRI done and said he didnt think there was any surgery that could help. I hate these doctors, I really wish they could experience our pain just once. How does he know there is nothing he can do when he hasnt even seen my MRI?! He did xrays and said they looked fine, as if he can tell anything really. So I am at a point I just want someone to try the surgery so that I can play with my kids like a normal mom. I think the neurosurgeon that did my neck would be better for me, but I have to wait until May to see him. That seems like an eternity for someone in so much pain. Any thoughts or similar experiences? And if you know a good doctor in Richmond, VA area that I could get in to see sooner, please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: New here with questions

Hi. Welcome to the board. My, you must be in a lot of pain, having bulging discs, stenosis and what not....I must say if I were you I would dump the doctor with the attitude. He will not be someone you want cutting on you should surgery be the answer. Can you not prevail on your previous dr. to see you sooner...maybe put you on a cancellation list or recommend someone who can see you more quickly?

It sounds like some nerves are being pinched and you really shouldn't wait 4 months. I would bet that the "attitude" doctor will see the MRI and decide he wants to operate. I know you need help, but I would be afraid of him. He sounds like the type who will send you home with 30 vicodin and no refills, telling you that you are all fixed and won't need anything more.

Well, take care of yourself and work on getting that appt., then let us know how you are doing, okay? Please?

Carol
morphine pump

Closed Thread