It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Unhappy It was a spider!!

Brown Recluse to be exact. I was given more antibiotics and this morning began to drain a tiny bit, but I still can't sit. Or even walk right and the area must be at least 6X6 in the swelling around it.
I hope the antibiotics work before Monday. He wouldn't take the time to give me an antibiotic injection though Wish I had something to open it with! And trust me, [U]I HAVE been looking!![/U]
Stardust

Old 01-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User
Re: It was a spider!!

Sorry to hear that it was a brown recluse! Uggh, just reminds me of why I'm scared of spiders. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

ewwwwww, gross. Sorry you got bit! I hate them too, yuck.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

That is so bad
take your antibiotics and just watch the area and make sure it is getting better.
shelley

Old 01-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

That is so wierd. I just had a dream that spiders had taking over my apartment and I just couldn't get away from them. It was super scary, I woke up in shear terror. I know it doesn't have anything to do with you getting bitten but it reminded of my dream so I thought I would share. Take care of yourself and be carefull. Kristy.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
(female)

memawhurts HB User

Stardust,
I'm very sorry for everything you have been dealing with. It just seems to never end, does it? I will keep you in my prayers and I wish only the best for you. Keep us informed.
Memaw

Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

I know your pain I was biten when living in FL. at first I though it was a fire ant bite by the time I found out it wasn't I was almost dead they had to hook me up to IV thearpy and so you'll be aware the skin you are speaking of around the bit will get nast and die ..I was shocked when it began to happen as I wasn't aware of it.
I got bite again after that and it wasn't as bad my body had buit up a reisistance to the venom.
It took me a couple of weeks to get past the real sickness that followed, hopefully you caught yours sooner and won't be as sick.
Linda

Last edited by jdlfmc; 01-14-2005 at 01:04 PM.

Old 01-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

This is the second time for me too, the first time was so painful I couldn't walk and went to the ER where they cut my leg open to get the poison out, I didn't hurt by that time cause the skin was dead or dying, all I felt was a gushing of hot liquid from my leg.
This time I caught it the same day I got bit, and they put me on strong antibiotics, but 3 hours later had the 102 fever I wrote here about.
The area around this one is so hot and swollen, I know all that skin is going to die off, but better the skin and another scar than me dying from it.

Maybe I am not supposed to have back surgery!!

To anyone here who doesn't know about the brown recluse spider. Take a #2 pencil, tap it on a piece of paper and BINGO! You just made the size of one of these killing machines!! (But get the pain drugs ready, you get ALOT of pain for ALONG time).
I wanna move back up north, boohoo. I can't even garden here without SOMETHING trying to kill me

PM just called, they moved me up Monday morning at 6:30am for the ESI & Facet injections. This should be gone soon, considering what I am taking and that I caught it early (last week), it is beginning to open itself up and drain, my leg should start going down soon as well.
Thanks for listening all,
Stardust

Old 01-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

Your fortunate they knew yours was a spider bite when I went to the Er the first time they blew me off and then when I went back it was almost to late.

Good luck with your ESI & facet inj.

Linda

Old 01-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

I was being treated for a boil till today when they found out what it was, same antibiotic though. I'm not a doctor but since when does a boil cause a 102 fever???? With/ Chills, severe Nausea, vomiting, tremors, infection and dying skin???
Stardust

Old 01-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

OOOOH I am so sorry to hear about your icky spider run in. I just watched a show on the Discovery channel about the brown recluse a few months ago. I see them here all the time in my garden. Never thought they were bad. The babies are soooooo little too. I got one on my glove the other day and had a spaz attack. They are so hard to kill. We spray all the time yet the live on like roaches. I will kill the next one I see in honor of you 2.

Jenteal

Old 01-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Thanks, and I won't be doing any gardening either.

I saw thier nest, I thought it was a funny looking cotton, yet very tiny, so I decided to just push it away and pull up my small tree and move it out back.
BIG MISTAKE, now I know what there nest looks like, Thank God, I only got bit once after moving the whole nest.
Doctors in Florida are stupid enough to kill ya (not trying to offend anyone)
My sister in law had twins and then got sick, they treated her for the flu for a month, then they found out half her heart was dead and had emergency surgery to remove it (also here in Florida).
Stardust

Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I am glad you described the nest. I was not aware of that. I see that cotton stuff all over the place but always thought it was nothing to worry about. I am sorry to hear about the twins. How do you remove a half a heart?

Jenteal

Old 01-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

The Twins are fine, it was thier Mother (my sister in law) who had the heart problem. They still don't know what caused it, but all I do know is half of it was dead and so they cut that half away and rerouted some vessel's.
Makes me wonder how she delivered the twins without a problem.
Stardust

Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

The biggest mistake I made was thinking this was a boil and so did the ER at first, so I applied heat to help it go away faster, but now we know why my leg is so very red, Hot and swollen, being a spider, the heat caused the poison to spread ALOT faster. I won't do [U]THAT [/U] twice .
Stardust

Closed Thread