It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User
Question Anyone familiar with these symptoms?

I am a little concerned about some symptoms I have been having lately. I have herniated discs L3-4 and an annular tear at L4-5 which my rheumy thinks has worsened since I was first dx'd in 2002. I have yet to have any surgery. (but I'm thinking about it real hard now that I have to grab onto the headboard of my bed to yank myself around in order to change positions in bed!). At my last appt. my rheumy noticed that I couldn't raise my legs up more than a couple inches off the floor, I couldn't sit up, and I couldn't push against her hand when she did the resistance test. She asked me if I had any pain in the front part of my left hip/groin area, since I had told her that I DID have the pain in that area on my right side.

Well, here lately (few weeks) I have had the pain in my left hip/groin area and it seems to be "deeper" in my back and lower now. Also, when I go to the bath room to empty my bladder I feel "discomfort pressure" behind my bladder. Well, it FEELS like it's BEHIND my bladder. I have never had bladder pain before. Not like this. It feels like pressure that is not painful really but discomfort. I don't have a bladder infection, no blood, no urgency feeling or frequency when only little "trickles" come out! LOL

I have read somewhere that when you have back injuries like mine if you feel pain around your bladder area you should see your doc. I DO wake up at night and all of a sudden I GOTTA GO! I make it, but it's like, I gotta go right now or I'm wetting the bed. A few times I thought I was going to wet my bed, but woke up enough to realize that I needed to get my hiney into the bathroom immediately! LOL But that is the only time I really feel an urgency to go. And like I said, I don't really feel pain like you do with bladder infections or UTI (I've had both) more pressure.

Okay, now that you have heard all the intimate details of my "number 1" experiences, has anyone had these symptoms with back injuries. SHOULD I call my doc?

Like I said, the pain seems to have moved around to both sides of my front hip/groin area, and is now seeming "deeper" in my back.

I have put off surgery because, frankly, I can't afford it, but I'm afraid of what may have happend to me as a result now.

Well, I hope you all have a good rest of the weekend. It's winter here in lower Alabama. Lower 50's. I know, I know, -14 in Minnesota! Been there, and actually sometimes, I miss it!

Good day.
tk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: Anyone familiar with these symptoms?

Hi there,
Minnesota sounds like summer to me here in Canada, it's minus 45!!! Anyway, YES, go to your doctor. As soon as you start having any problems related to your bladder then you must not put it off. As for your hip pain, I get that too. I was told from my physiotherapist that after a while of dealing with such back problems pretty much most parts of your body are eventually going to feel the effects, especailly your hips. What sort of treatment have you done in the past for your problems? Let me know but for now I cannot stress it enough, you have to see your doctor asap. Take care and please keep me posted. Good luck. Kristy.

Old 01-16-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User

I have always been told that when I experience symptoms such as bladder contorl the I should be advising my dr as soon as possible. The other groin and back pain you are experiencing is not as significant but the bladder and loss of stenthh are significant and should be attended too.Good luck and keep us informed

Losy

Old 01-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I had groin & hip pain from a herniated disc 5 years ago. I went thru 3 months of McKenzie physical therapy & it took care of it.

I think when it impairs your bladder, that is a problem, means the herniation is worsening.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

You really should call your doctor maybe a new MRI is in order just to rule out that things have not gotten worse. Always better to be safe than sorry, especially when the bladder and bowel functions are affected. Keep us posted.
shelley

Closed Thread