It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
(male)

smithyspider HB User
i think i have trapped a nerve

Hi,
Can anyone help me.
I am a fit and healthy 28 year old male. I am having great problems with my back recently. It is not just one area, it seems to be every area. One week it is my lower left side of back then the other side a few weeks later. Just before christmas i was drying my hair in the normal fashion, when i felt this crunching sensation in between my shoulder blades, half way down my back, i was in agony for two days. Also, because i was holding my head funny due to the injury i also ended up with a stiff and uncomfortable neck.

Now it has gone again, in the same place between my shoulder blades, this time i was just sat on the couch on sunday morning with my young son. I was not even doing anything, just sat there.

I work out twice a week, nothing heavy, just weights and running, and also use the medicine ball for throwing as i am a javelin thrower.

I have just got back into athletics on the advice of a physio who i saw early last year due to back problems. They said that due to me being none active for so long (i gave up athletics when i was 20) my back had started to seize up and i needed to be more active. It worked for a while now it is just the same.

HELP

Old 01-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
(male)

smithyspider HB User
Re: i think i have trapped a nerve

can anybody help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Does it involve your neck at all? Most neck and back injuries happen without a "Accident" I woke up with it at age 22 or 23. . Does it involve your arm/s and or legs. Can you give more specific symptoms?

shelley

Old 01-18-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
(male)

smithyspider HB User

Hi,

It only effects my neck due to the fact that i am holding my head funny because of my back. It becomes stiff and painfull.

I dont think my back problems are due to bad bones. It always seem to be muscular, I.E in between the ribs or in between the shoulder blades or bottom of back on either side.

Closed Thread