It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #1

Filmrobe HB User
looking for feetback

While I have for some years had back problems that a chiropracter early on said emanated from my neck, and which has since progressed to more widespread issues concerning my back, I recently have begun to suspect that the real underlying problem has always been my "feet". I am 6 feet tall and have these really narrow feet, a high arch, and big "sharp" heels that always make holes in my socks. The heels of my shoes always showed premature and irregular wear because of the way I walked. (SAS shoes has managed to slow down the process of wearing out my shoes.)

Recently, my wife got her shoes equipped with orthotics to deal with painful feet (bony spurs) and, although it took time for her to adjust to wearing them, she has recently informed me that it has really helped her back problems as well. She said it has proven to help the alignment of her spine overall. She feels they have been very helpful and wonders if I should try this approach in dealing with my back problems, largely because of the discussion that I had with her about my feet.

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on the merits of orthotics based upon their experience. I would appreciate any "feetback" you can give.

Last edited by Filmrobe; 01-18-2005 at 09:10 AM.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Looking for a BIT more muscle, and a flatter stomach. SigurPol Exercise & Fitness 13 04-11-2009 12:11 PM
Not really anemic? Keep looking!! lizzy76 Anemia 4 08-13-2007 03:45 AM
"Looking Back"-A Bipolar Perspective twoeyez Bipolar Disorder 19 06-03-2007 04:26 AM
Looking at my MRI, what am I looking at? what am I looking for? Spondy=ouch Back Problems 0 01-17-2007 08:05 AM
After RAI Full Body Scan -- Explain What This is and What Results are We Looking For June Tyson Thyroid Disorders 3 11-05-2006 04:25 AM