It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User
Angry hit the wall again and need to vent!!!

[I][COLOR=Navy]background - previous lL4/L5 & L5/S1 fusion bone and at present L3/4 bulge)[/COLOR][/I]
Its 2:30 am in the morning in melbourne Australia, theres a storm brewing and my dog Asha, a border Collie. is barking at the thunder as it roles in from the east. How do I know this you ask. Well its because Im awake as a result of an increase in pain yet again. I had been travelling well for 3 to 4 weeks making slow but positive progress attending hydro, doing my exercises on a regular basis and gradually increasing my capacity and strength while slowly reclaiming my life. In this time my level of pain had declined and I had been able to reduce some meds. Well like a flash its back, the pain that is. Shooting pain from my back to the tips of my toes. My shins and and hamstrings are feeling it to and even my back feels tender in and around the donor graft site and to the left of my spine in the vacinity of the donir site.

How did this happen - well your guess is as good as mine. I have been extreemly careful to do what I am told and to not do more than i am allowed. Well it would appear that it makes little difference what I do or dont do. I cant get passed the same point each time I try and am fast approaching the why even bother stage. Im so sick of seeing hope in the distance and or the light at the end of the tunnel only to see it tuned off as you near it.

Well ive vented and im sure there are many of you who can relate to that sense of despair that comes with the dissapointment and distress assoiciated with increased pain and decreased mobility. Thanks for listening

Last edited by Losy; 01-19-2005 at 08:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

jacritch HB User
Re: hit the wall again and need to vent!!!

Losy,

Thanks for replying to my post. I had foramontomy in March of 2004 and it took 6 months to feel better again. You may be a slow healer. Just do what you need and try not to over do it. I hear your frustration though.

Take it easy,
Judy

Old 01-19-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
(male)

tracer HB User
Lightbulb Re: hit the wall again and need to vent!!!

my pain lvl reachs its peak when a weather front moves through my area too.i dont no y but in advance of a cold front i hurt so very bad.i hope maybe after the front that is aproching u passes u will feel better.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #4

JWHIT HB User
Re: hit the wall again and need to vent!!!

Losy, so sorry you are feeling so bad. I can totally relate. I am blaming it on our weather here in sunny California. This week is much better in the 80's, but last week we were under water. A couple of our rooms got flooded. It was a bummer. I walked across a grass field on Sunday and that always bothered me before surgery, so I was depressed that it messes me up still. I am 10 wks. post op 2 levels anterior/posterior fusion. My mind feels so healthy this time around and I feel like I should be doing so much more. I agree with the storm coming, it does seem to bother lose who suffer from back pain. I like the face where the eyeballs roll around. Take Care of yourself.
Jean

Closed Thread