It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #1

toyqt HB User
Experience with intrathecal pump implant or electro therapy implant?

Hi everyone! I haven't visited in quite a while, but I still recognize a few names, and I hope that all of you are finding suggestions and relief for your pain.

Just a quick FYI, I am about 15 months post op PLIF with rods, screws, plates, spacer (cage?) at the L5S1 level. I obtained good results from the surgery, and still consider myself better than I was beforehand. That being said, I still do have much more pain than the average person...don't we all?

I am currently in pain management (have been for quite a while) and have managed to get some relief from some meds occasionally, some help with PT, TENS unit, etc., but I have reached the point where I am considering an implantable pump, or possibly the electro stimulator thing...can't think of what it is called. I really would like to hear from anyone who has some experience with either of these methods...need to know what levels were affected, how your trial and implant went, what kind of relief you have gotten, etc...

Sorry so long, but I really appreciate any responses!

Take care, and have a great evening everyone

Toyqt

Just in case it matters, I am a 32 year old female, in pretty good shape.

The following user gives a hug of support to toyqt:
joy12 (06-15-2011)
Old 01-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User
Re: Experience with intrathecal pump implant or electro therapy implant?

I'm not sure where you had your surgery but it really doesn't matter if your considering the pump and if your talking about a SCS(spinal cord stimulator)
I have problems at all three levels and I have not had surgery and am NOT operable I have been suffering now for 6yrs with meds and changing and not working ect.
I had the trial for the SCS a few weeks ago I had it for the lumbar and legs I have cord comp in the thoracic but with the trial they couldn't do both as they can with the implant as if yours in cervical the same, I have been talking with someone who recently had it done for the cervical and is very happy. I go FRi. to talk with my PM about the actual implant which I'm pretty sure I will have done it was wonderful not to be in so much pain those few days I had it, I guess if this doesn't work for me the next move will be the pain pump but I'm pretty sure I'll try theSCS forst it worked really well.
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

aestrella411 HB User

I'm not sure if this other post I'm thinking about is like what you are writing here, but there's a user by the name of "toelle" that had posted something about it on the 17th of this month. Maybe along with your reponse here, maybe that can offer you some more info...

Old 01-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #4

toyqt HB User

Hi Linda, and thanks for your quick reply! You're right, I do mean the SCS; I just couldn't think of the name...thank you!

I'm glad that you found some relief with the trial, and it sounds like the way to go for you! Good luck on Friday, and if you get any good info, please let me know!

By the way, I am in South Georgia, and had my surgery here at our local hospital...my NS is Mark Gold, and he is a wonderful doc, very skilled, and an excellent bedside manner...he has been a Godsend!

Thanks again for the info, and I will keep you in my thoughts!

Toyqt

Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
(female)

joy12 HB User

[QUOTE=toyqt;1441922]Hi everyone! I haven't visited in quite a while, but I still recognize a few names, and I hope that all of you are finding suggestions and relief for your pain.

Just a quick FYI, I am about 15 months post op PLIF with rods, screws, plates, spacer (cage?) at the L5S1 level. I obtained good results from the surgery, and still consider myself better than I was beforehand. That being said, I still do have much more pain than the average person...don't we all?

I am currently in pain management (have been for quite a while) and have managed to get some relief from some meds occasionally, some help with PT, TENS unit, etc., but I have reached the point where I am considering an implantable pump, or possibly the electro stimulator thing...can't think of what it is called. I really would like to hear from anyone who has some experience with either of these methods...need to know what levels were affected, how your trial and implant went, what kind of relief you have gotten, etc...

Sorry so long, but I really appreciate any responses!

Take care, and have a great evening everyone

Toyqt

Just in case it matters, I am a 32 year old female, in pretty good shape.[/QUOTE]
I work with a gal that has the electro vibrator implant, quess that's what it's called and she said it helps her quite allot ... in fact I asked about her doc as I have been having lower back pain and just got my MRI report "bulging at L4-5 and L5-S1 with mild impression on the thecal sac and mild left foraminal stenosis at L5-S1." Now don't ask me what that means, but the pain and pressure sure feels more than mild! My co-worker said she could barely walk before the implant ... now she doesn't even mention pain. I wish I could be more helpful than this ... but I do hope that your pain is soon a thing of the past!

Closed Thread