It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

kccgup HB User
Question doctor help

Hi everyone , I am new to this forum... I am desperate and don't know where else to ask for help My GF is on WC . We bought a house 6 mnths ago. I was totally stupid and didn't check out the medical resources here. We are a 4 hour drive from where we used to live. We now live in the sierra foothills. I can't find one, not one DR. who takes WC in this whole county... I have called every Dr. in the phone book... We seriously need to find at least a GP.... Does anyone have a clue what I could do????????? Thanks for any help you can give us....
God Bless CGU

Old 01-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: doctor help

I know there are a few on these boards who have to drive a couple hours or more to see their drs, so that may be what you need to do. Start with the next closes city or county and work your way out from there. I am sorry though that there is not one closer. This is stressful enough w/o having this problem on TOP. Good luck to you both!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: doctor help

The Sierra foothills either puts you near SF or Modesto, right? Sacramento should not be far. I would look into SF because they have a better selection, although with the huge influx of people into the central valley in the last fifteen years, there are a lot of doctors in Modesto and that area.

WC is a hard to to do. You have to find a doctor who is willing to wait for payments, take less than they would even take from a state aid case, and who doesn't mind doing the paperwork that is involved. That is a lot to ask. Sometimes it is better to find a teaching hospital then to find someone in private practice as they are more likely to take the case and are on the cutting edge of medicine.

A lot of us here have to drive out of town to see doctors. My husband and I have a four hour drive each way to see anyone. He is WC and I just want a better doctor than our area offers.

It is hard when you live in an area where doctors are scarce, especially when it is a WC case. See if one of the locals can help you out with a referral. Usually, in those small towns, there are a lot of people on disability and who are more than happy to get involved.

take care and good luck,

Closed Thread