It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Unhappy Need Some Advice badly!!!.... What To Do???

Hey All.....

Ok... Well I know most of ya'll have read about my situation going on with MetLife in previous posts.... anyway... a little refresher and whats is going on now... well ya'll remember MetLife had sent me to their own doctor...a Occupational Medicine Doctor...( basically a workmans comp doc. and THIS IS NOT WORKMANS COMP!!) anyway... this guy tells me in the visit that he has to basically agree with my doctors and what they have said about my limitations and such (which they have said I can not work)... and then asks what exactly I do at my job.. which is at Home Depot, I work on my feet stocking freight... (been on medical leave since March 2004.) anyway.. he also ask if I had any other type of work history, training etc... I told him NO! this is the only type of work I have ever done... Physical, retail type work... he basically said... Ok.. when I got a copy of the report he sent MetLife he completely had lied to me, he put in there that he felt I was overreacting and exaggerating my pain... and that I could do a sit down job for 8 hrs a day.... anyway, so then MetLife proceeds to send paperwork to my Pain Management Doc asking him if he agrees with what the OMD had said... well my PM doc calls and says he doesnt do that kind of thing he just does procedures and such and that he would basically put that they needed to referr back to the forms my Neurologist had filled out about my limitations.... Well I called MetLife to get a update and the Rep tells me " I am not supposed to tell you this..But now they are saying they want info from your Neurologist." Anyway, now I have to wait for my Neuro to get the paperwork, and his nurse said she would call me as soon as she gets it, and that I can come in and we will fill it out together... My problem is, I have not gotten a check since November...have past due bills.... and they as taking their good ole sweet time, making a decision on wheather they are going to continue my LTD benefits or not.... I mean, I do what they want, and then they want something else...

My Pain Management doc even sent me to their in house Psychologist, and he has diagnosed me with Major Depressive Disorder...and put in his notes that I displayed the signs and such that were consistant with a person that is experiencing a VERY High Level of pain....and this has been sent to MetLife.. but they don't seem to even care about that....

Oh and one more thing about the Occupational Med Doc... when he was looking through the paperwork MetLife had sent him before he did my exam... he looked at one piece of paper, and said ...."OH THIS IS A LIST OF STUFF THAT METLIFE SAYS I CAN AND CAN'T SAY" he gave himself and MetLife away on that... I told them they paid him to tell them what they wanted to hear.....

I guess my question is... What do you do? If you don't have the money to pay your bills and your waiting like I am to get the money...and doing the best you can....this doesn't help the depression any.... I have never been in this situation before... have always been able to pay the bills and such.... Now this...........

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Need Some Advice badly!!!.... What To Do???

Is this a w/c case? If so, find a good attorney who specializes.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 01-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: Need Some Advice badly!!!.... What To Do???

hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about all your problems. You don't need them right now. ANyway, I can sort of relate. It's a crappy situation. It's a least good that you are able to fill out the form with your Neurologist. When you go there to do that make sure you explain your situation really well and tell him how stuck you are right now. Ask him to be very specific. Discuss every remark before it is written down so that you both understand each other. Be sure that it is clearly written that you are unable to work for any period of time because of your current disability. In regards to your money situation, where do you live? Do you have such a thing called Welfare? Here in Canada it's a goverment assistance program for those who cannot support themselves for numerous reasons. I've never been on it but I know somebody that is. Well, I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck. Kristy.

Closed Thread