It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Plantar Fasciitis and back problems - Can anybody help?

Hey Guys,
I went to the doctor the other day because I have been having terrible problems with my feet. My doctor said that I have Plantar Fasciitis. This really sucks. It hurts so bad. Now not only am I'm worried about all of my back problems but this too. It is so painfull. Does anybody else suffer from this? I'm just wondering what you do for relief. Because of my back problems it seems to make the PF worse and because of the PF it seems to make my back and sciatica worse. Apparantly some people suffer with this for life. It's really a set back for me because to think that if and when my back does get fixed then I might still have this ridiculous problem to live with. I am an active person, or was before all of my back problems. But now I'm worried that my life may suffer because of this. GRRRRRR!!! Anywho just thought I would check and see if anybody has anything to say about it. Take care all. Kristy.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

alexcasper HB User
Re: Plantar Fasciitis and back problems - Can anybody help?

Hi Kristy,

I just wanted to tell you I know how you feel. Plantar Fasciitis hurts like the dickens! I had a really bad episode with my feet several years ago, the pain went away on it's own and I haven't had any problems since. Knock on wood! I had bought some heel pads to put in my shoes for cushioning and that seemed to help.

Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hi Kim,
Thanks for your reply. I just got orthodics for my shoes so hopefully that will give me some relief. Did you find that anything else helped? If I have coverage than my phsiotherapist is going to incorporate some therapy for my feet as well. Maybe I will get some relief from that. Anyway, thanks again. Kristy.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

my mom has that wonderful foot ailment too and she is an RN who works ten and twelve hour shifts. She is doing great by wearing birkenstock shoes. She loves them and feels better. Also she got some stretches to do. Did your dr give you any? If not, she was told to do these before getting up in the am: Point your toes and stretch and hold it, then flex and hold that. Do circles counter and clockwise. Do all of this first thing in the am before you get up. If you want, I can find out other things she may suggest. Best wishes to you! You know, your feet and knees and your back are also related, so maybe if you can get your feet feeling better, your back may ease up. But, that is a guess-you never know.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Ice, stretching, loosening the ham strings, weight loss, and good shoes.

My husband has this and has been putting off reconstruction of the foot. Meantime we are doing all of this. I think that with a good program of the above, it will heal over time.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Mel,
If you could find out some more exercises or tricks that your mom does, I would really appreciate it. My doctor didn't give me any to do but I'm going to check with my physiotherapist and see what he says. Thanks again. Kristy.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I know for a fact she does the two I already mentioned, bc my heels were starting to hurt too and she told me to do those before I got up in the am and that would help. I have to say it does. I wonder if I have it too-not lately, but before surgery I would wake up and get out of bed and my heels hurt so bad, it felt like I had worked a twelve hour shift the night before, and I hadn't. It was doing this when I was working too, eventually stopped though a few months prior to surgery.
I will chat with my mom soon, so I'll ask her!

Closed Thread