It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

cna02 HB User
Can't get blood from a turnip? Or can you?

Hi everyone,
Ho Hum-here comes the bills! I have accumulated $100,000 for 3 surgeries- remember me 10/05; the L5-S1 disectomy then 10/25 thru 11/05; the I&D washing of spine with staph infection and pneumonia, then finally a fusion with bone graft from hip on 11/22.
We went to a lawyer the other day-he said " it would be hard to prove the hospital from first surgery gave me staph infection. And further more the infectious disease doctor is probably covering up for the surgeon anyway!
That really stinks. Life is not fair-but who said it would be.
Plus guess what? The hospital's case manager/social worker that set up my IV therapy for home-got my stuff from a non-ppo network-so now I owe about $30,000 for that and there mistake.
I started physical therapy on Tues and Thurs. this week and boy, am I sore!
I have to do it for 2 times a week and for 6 weeks. Like I can afford this, too!
Since its the starting of a new year and now I have to work towards a new deductible. Sorry to rattle on about my bills- I have insurance but it stinks and plus we don't have a presciption card either.
I just want to get back to work-but I don't forsee that happening for awhile.
I go back to surgeon on Feb. 23, then who knows what?
I did however get good news about my infection-my cbc and sed rate were good today-so that should clear for my staph status and hopefully I can get back to work soon. I will just have to have my infectious disease doctor sign off on me-to clear me for work. WooHoo........................
Thanks for listening..........have a good weekend...........

cna02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 05:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Re: Can't get blood from a turnip? Or can you?

Such a great post! I think we can all relate in some fashion.

My philosophy is that as the bills pile in, I pay what I can - a little bit to each one. As long as I make some sort of payment every month, they can hound me and complain, they can even apply it toward my credit report for not paying the balance - but who's really going to fault me - I'm making regular payments to them to get the balance paid off.

I've had medical things come up on a credit report before. All you have to do for your lender is tell them it was medical related and you were making regular monthly payments to them (and show proof). Everyone has been in that situation - they understand.

I've often wondered what these people do who have even more expensive surgeries. Mine has come to $200,000 so far, I'm sure heart surgeries, brain surgeries etc are much more.

Closed Thread