It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
go to a movie????

Okay, so my husband wants me to see a movie with him, his FAVORITE, the Phantom of the Opera. I don't know if I can sit through the movie. How long was it for you before you could sit in a movie theater? Ours has stadium seating and the seats do lean back a little. But, I just don't know if I can! I also want to see a movie with my mom when she visits in a couple of weeks (some great horror movies are out, like "White Noise") anyway, just wanted to know if you all thought I might be able to see one-of course I would have to get up constantly too. But he really wants me to see it in the theater with him.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

StMishl HB User
Re: go to a movie????

Great question! I am dying to go see a movie too.

We have tix to see Lion King the Musical on Feb 27 and I hope I can make it theu it without having to get up except for during the intermission (luckily we have aisle seats though).

But in the meantime I am really hoping to go to the movies even if I have to get up a hundred times... waiting to hear everyone's advice on this one (as I don't want to pay 8,50 for a tix then have to miss half the movie!!).

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

well, I don't know about doing this. My pain levels are high again today and the fact that we have to pack tomorrow makes me cringe at the thought of trying to make it through a movie pain free-or well, you know. Knowing me, I'd push through with BAD pain just to do it, and that is not a good thing to already be thinking. I'd rather wait until I feel better AT home first. You know, how tonight and last night I don't feel better all of a sudden.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
(female)

MissyMousums HB User

I don't know if this would help you or not but it worked for me. I injured my back and it took about 6 months for me to be relatively pain free. I wanted to go see Prince of Tides and I wasn't sure if I could do it (this was about 1 month after my injury). My main concern was back spasms so I made sure I took my meds and brought along a few of the one-time use hot packs (The kind you can get nowadays lasts longer than the ones back then). It worked pretty well for me, I only had to get up a couple of times.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

thanks Missy, but recovering from my fusion is a bit different, I am only five weeks post op. Before, with just the injury, I filled up on my meds, but I don't know if they'd help now. I am lying down and my pain is a 8 on 1-10. Sort of

Old 01-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
(female)

MissyMousums HB User

Oh ok, sorry I didn't realize you were post-op, I thought you were just having back pain due to injury.

I hope you heal quickly and be able to enjoy a movie soon!

Old 01-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

oh missy, that is OKAY!
I appreciate your reply though!

Old 01-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

I went to a movie at about 3 weeks. Took my pillow for behind my back, and drugged up. Sat on the end because I knew I'd want to get up and stand a couple times, and it really wasn't that bad.

I say go. What's the worse that could happen... you'd have to leave because you're miserable. If that happens, just try again in a couple weeks. The more you get out and do, the quicker your pain will go away. Sitting at home thinking about it won't make it go away. If you're going to be in pain anyway, might as well try and get out to see if you can get your mind off from it. Right?

Old 01-21-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I think I will wait though just b/c my pain has been higher the last couple of days, and we have to pack this weekend meaning I will be up with my brace on for a while. I'd rather go when I know I have a restful weekend ahead of me. So, maybe the Saturday of Superbowl Sunday. Thanks TX, glad to know it won't be too horrible!

Closed Thread