It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
Post L4 L5 fusion, really stiff and sore in sacrum area after activity...anyone?

I am walking a bit over a mile a day and after I do it or after I'm up and about all day, I get sooooo stiff and sore in my sacrum area/si joints. It is like pressure. My doc says it maybe scar tissue build up that needs broken through. I sure hope so and hope it goes away. Does anyone else get super stiff?

Christina

Old 01-26-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
(female)

misery HB User
Re: Post L4 L5 fusion, really stiff and sore in sacrum area after activity...anyone?

Always!!! Trybacking off just a little bit it might help,or split your walks.
Take care.H

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User
Wink Re: Post L4 L5 fusion, really stiff and sore in sacrum area after activity...anyone?

I had a similar experience post fusion l4/5 l5/s1. Eventually it stoppd hurting. My guess and my drs was that it was a scar tissue problem and that eentually through gentle movement it was broken up

good luck

losy

Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
(female)

texasmary HB User
Re: Post L4 L5 fusion, really stiff and sore in sacrum area after activity...anyone?

Oh yes, I am getting this pain also... it gets worse as the day wears on and I do more walking, bending, sitting, etc. I also have pain on my tailbone when sitting. My last doctor visit was quite a while ago (at about 7 wks. post-op... and I am now 13+ wks. post-op)... and he said that because of the rods and screws at L5-S1 that more pressure was probably being transferred to the SI joints. He said that he thought it would get better in time, but it hasn't so far. I find that if I keep moving around after walking, if I don't sit too long, and if I don't overdo the bending... that the pain is less. If it is any encouragement, I haven't taken any vicodin in over a week and I have only taken tylenol a few times to get comfortable at night. I would be interested to hear what anyone else's doc has said about this pain.

Best wishes, Mary in Texas

Old 01-27-2005, 06:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

Hi Mary!

You are 13 weeks post op, me too. I think I remember having surgery the same time as you.
My doctor says that is is probably scar tissue needing broken through. I get really fatiqued in that area and it gets to the point that I can't move. Sound familiar? I lay down and I'm okay. I haven't taken pain meds in a couple of weeks. I'm not in alot of pain at all. Only this sacrum thing.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

texasmary HB User

Hi Christina ~
Yes this sounds familiar. When I lie down for just a few minutes, the pressure seems to go away. And when I get up each morning, it takes awhile before the pressure and pain start to build up. I just try to keep moving... not stay in any one position too long. When I am standing, I try to move legs or sway back and forth... that helps me. I definitely plan to address this with my surgeon on next visit... about 3 weeks from now... and also talk about PT, since he has not wanted me to do that yet.
Thanks, Mary

Old 01-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

I am post 4-5 fusion and started having other problems originally they thought it was the SI, well it is not ...but anyway the doctor said it is VERY common after the fusion to have some problems like that ..Hang in there
shelley

Closed Thread