It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

aerorules HB User
Back to work, should I be concerned?

Hi all, I went back to work last week and for the most part things are going pretty well. I had a microdisc/lami. on Nov. 1. I went back to 11 hour days and have done better than I expected to. However, I have been having an increase in the tingling feeling in my leg. I am mostly on my feet during work. Prior to surgery, the tingling was just in my foot now it is from my groin the whole way down. It goes away though. Should I be concerned about this or just ride it out and see what happens? There is a little pain associated with the tingling but not the same pain as I had before my surgery. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
(female)

HipChiq HB User
Re: Back to work, should I be concerned?

Hello,

What kind of work do you do? Personally, I feel that 11 hour days to start out with is pushing it a little. In Nov. 02 I had a laminectomy, and went back to work six weeks later. I pushed it too hard. I was doing 10-12 hour days, mostly on my feet, but there was bending over to file (Optometrist's office), standing to sitting, sitting to standing. Everything had to be done quickly. I was suppose to start off with 3-5 hours a day, but we were short staffed. Anyway, I ended up back in the hospital in July 03 and had another surgery. When I went back to work after 6 weeks it was to a slower paced office, I started out with just a few hours a day and worked my way up to 8 hour days. So far, so good. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll always have some sort of tingling, numbness and pain. But I've learned when to slow down.

Everyone heals differently, but I think I would be concerned with the increased tingling and pain. Try slowing down and see if things improve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
(female)

aerorules HB User
Re: Back to work, should I be concerned?

Judy, I am a Medical Technologist and my job requires sitting, standing, walking, and bending. I work the night shift by myself so I have alot of movement involved. My work was short staffed due to myself and others that were off also, so I felt I needed to go back full force. At first it wasn't too bad but like I said, now things are "changing". I will try slowing down some and see what happens over the next few weeks. I definately do not want to compromise the success of my surgery. Did you have alot of pain in the hip area following your surgery? Thanks for your reply.

Closed Thread