It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
neck kink

this is the only place i could find to post this. last night i was on the phone for an hr and was leaning on my side with my arm under my chin. when i got up after a few mins i got a horrid neck kink. it got so bad that i couldnt move my neck at all and almost had to hold my neck when i walked so i wouldnt feel pain. it went down my back and i couldnt move my head side to side at all. i went to bed and it is a tad better today but i cant move it left or right. whats the best way to help a kink work itself out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
(female)

PeachJam HB User
Re: neck kink

I think the best way is to lay on a hot water bottle. I canít do the hot bath because it inflames my back to much. So I just get the water as hot as I can from the tap and lay on a hot water bottle. Every 10 minutes or so I try to move it or massage the kink. Works pretty well for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: neck kink

Massage and a trip to the doctor's office. My husband's neck started out like this and the MRI showed herniated discs. That was no problem until the EMG showed nerve damage. You might want to play it on the safe side.

As for heat, moist heat is the best, such a hot tub or letting the hot water of the shower beat down on your neck. My DO told me, no heat packs. I have no idea why.

Closed Thread