It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Off to the doctor

O.K. I am off to the doctor for follow up, they want to know if my thigh pain is gone since surgery last week when they did the bone removal thingy during exploratory surgery..................NO...................I hate being the chronic patient but I hate living like this too. Everyone at work says how are you. And I just say fine.. So do ya'll do that..Don't you get to the point that you know everyone is tired of hearing about your pain. Today is a bad pain day it is really rainy here and cold. So I am nervous and worried and everything that goes with it...........
shelley

Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Off to the doctor

shelley, I will be thinking of you and hoping your visit goes well. I know what you mean about people always asking how you are and you get tired of either 1) answering in general or 2) tired of saying how much pain you have, regardless of what kind it is. Anyway, let us know how the visit goes, drive carefully!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

thanks Mel ..off I go and I will be a good little patient
shelley

Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

Shelley.. are you there? How did the doctor's visit go?

Old 01-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

O.K. Here goes............. I have agreed to the SCS trial. I have to see if this can give me some sort of a decrease in pain. I know it is not 100% but I will not know if I do not try, otherwise they do not know why this is like this other than I went so long without treatment that the nerves in my leg are perm. damages and after 10 years it is NOT reversible. The weather here as you know has been cold and rainy which makes it worse I am 34 and am running out of options. One part of me says this is invasive but what other option do I have YEARS of pain meds? My doc does not see how I am working well.....unless he is probono I need insurance and unless someone is feeding my kids I am .. So I am waiting for approval for the trial..SCARY sounding huh It is to me too. He is suppose to be one of the best and I have done everything he went in a decompressed everything around the nerves 2 weeks ago and spent 3 hours exploring and checking out the hardware. What else is there? I have had more injects. then anyone I know and 4 surgeries, he did the last 2 to try and fix the 2 previous whatevers. Anyway thanks for asking ...This weather is Crazy (Dallas) one day it is 80 the next day it is 40 and it does a number on the back and neck people HUH
shelley

Old 01-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

I'm here in Dallas too.. are you at Texas Back? I forget. What is the SCS trial... don't think I've heard about it.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

SCS is spinal cord stimulator.. Center for spine care is where my doctor is .. he does a lot of revision work and has been trying to revise or that be revive me LOL Sometimes it feels like revive huh. How are things with you. What is your update ? Please say it is a good one!!!!!!! I hope it is
Write back
shelley

Old 01-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

Doing great. Done with PT and now the discipline starts (which I'm not so great at) I need to heed my own words.

Still getting the zingers, but that's to be expected. They could go on for a long time to come yet.

Still getting achey when I sleep - from tensing up. Past couple nights I've slept on the heating pad and that's helped.

Overall... I feel like I'm doing well, getting back into moderate activity (although I'm going to leave the skiing to Bob C - the c must be for crazyman HA )

Now if I could just find a job (lost mine through all of this), all would be right with my world (cof).

Oh, and by the way.. I heard Peloza is GREAT!

Last edited by TxHunni; 01-28-2005 at 06:17 PM.

Closed Thread