It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mkf HB User
myelogram headache ?

Hi all. I had my ct myelogram on Monday. I stayed down until late Tuesday and didn't get the headache. Here it is Friday and I had a headache hit me this afternoon like I've never had before - and I've had a migraine before. This was a sick to my stomach have to go to bed type headache. Is it possible this occurred from the myelogram even though that was Monday? Thanks for your responses. Becky

Old 01-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User
Re: myelogram headache ?

Call your doctor... I would even call him now if it were me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

misery HB User

Iagree with TX call them now!! Always better safe than sorry!
heather

Old 01-28-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
(female)

memawhurts HB User

rsrush,
It's very possible it's coming from that. When I had my fusion, they made 2 dural tears during surgery. I had to lie flat on my back for like 36 hours and then was allowed to get up and walk all I wanted to until discharged 2 days later and was doing great. But after I got home, it was a few days later and I got a spinal headache. It was terrible pain. Worse than any migraine I've ever had. I had nausea and vomiting and was out of my head, at least that's what my hubby said, cause I don't remember much after it started. I dehydrated and had to be readmitted 7 days after I was discharged. My neuro kept saying he may have to go back in to fix the leak, but he didn't want to unless he absolutely had too.

He let me go home after a couple of days, buy it had to be by ambulance because I had to lie completely flat and it was also over an hour trip. He gave me the medrol steroid pack to take and after a couple of days it went away and the headaches haven't bothered me since.

So yes any kind of puncture can cause a leak that can give you a spinal headache days after the procdure. I hope this is not what you have and you feel better soon. But it is better to be safe and call your doc.
Memaw

Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mkf HB User

Thanks to all for the information. I don't feel too good today - and have a slight headache although it's not as bad as yesterday. I'm going to see how it goes today and I'll give them a call. Boy, yesterday when it hit I just wanted to die. I seem to do better lying down than being up and around.

Closed Thread