It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Lower back sore again. How long should I wait until starting to exercise it?

My lower back is so out of shape right now. It seems to get sore really easy lately. I know it is from being out of shape. I have had this problem before. If I start out walking on a treadmill and gradually work up to jogging my back gets really strong and the problem goes away. I am just wondering how long should I wait before starting a routine like that. I just hurt it about 2 days ago lifting a box that was not that heavy but I guess a little too heavy for my back. I even get sore from sitting at my desk at work. I think that is the problem. I started a job where I only sit all day and that is it. That was about 4 months ago. My back has been going down hill gradually since then. I had a job before that where I walked so much that I would actually get tired from walking but my back felt great. So how do I know when my back is ready to start an exercise routine. I would start out slow with just walking of course.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Lower back sore again. How long should I wait until starting to exercise it?

Walk, walk, walk and build up those core muscle through a gentle exercise and stretching program. Start out slow and work your way up to a comfortable place. Back exercises are for life. If we let our backs go, then we end up in surgery or pain.

Desk jobs are as bad on the back as heavy lifting, maybe more so because we let our backs go. There are lots of exercises and stretches that can be done while taking a break, in your office chair.

If you take a ten minute break every hour, or every few hours and go outside and walk, it makes a world of difference.

I hope that you find some relief,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread