It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

rachelmc HB User
Red face How can this be???????

Hi all,
I sitting here writing this at a loss, I have just spoken to my solicitor about my workers comp claim after recieving my independant drs report who states that at the present time i have 23% body impairment that will further derteriorate in the future. I am entitled to $35,000 for lbody imparment amd around $15,000 for pain and suffering as well as keeping my weekly wage of $216 a week.
While this may sound like a large amount to people that dont know what sort of pain we are in we know better.
How can they not take into account that at 27 i was only working as a night packer untill my youngest child went to school which she has, I was planning to study last year to go into fulltime work this year now i am without any sort of job and no prospect of finding one.
There is noway my soliciter says that i can sue for pain and suffering ( mine , my hubbys or my kids) i wonder how this can be our lives are ruined at the moment with no improvement in site.
sorry to sook so much
rachelmc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Re: How can this be???????

Hi, rachelmc -

I would recommend you seek another legal opinion. Attorneys, regardless of their location, are encouraged (if not required) to provide an initial consultation free of charge.

Plus, your attorney is there to represent [I]you[/I] . No one else. I was under the impression that pain & suffering is fairly universal in claims or suits. Not sure about WC though.

Any option re: long-term disability? Again, depends on WC laws. A good option for you would be to check out www.martindale-hubbell.com. This is the directory for attorneys throughout the US. You can even use keywords to narrow in on some WC experts in your area.

Hope this helps.
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi rampage thanx for your reply. im not sure if that sit will help as im in australia, but i will try ones here.
thanks again rachel

Old 02-02-2005, 04:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

Can you also get lifetime medical in your settlement?
fly

Old 02-02-2005, 04:35 AM   #5
(male)

rachelmc HB User

hi flyonthewall,
the sloicitor did say they will pay for a certain amount of time not sure how long.
i think i am going to fight it.
my sanity and that of my family is worth more than that. having said that i dont expect hundreds of thousands of dolllars but it would be nice to pay some off the house and not have to worry every time a bill comes in.
When electricity and water and so on go up i wont be getting a pay rise i will have my big $216 to stretch further.
thanks for response
rachel
ps: i would be interested to see what has happened to others in my situation.

Closed Thread