It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
(male)

mdp3 HB User
info on drop foot

hi all new to these boards due to have spine fusion at L5 S1 within the next two weeks go for pre opp. on Friday my question is i have had drop foot for the last 10 months doctor said he didnt know if feeling or reflexes would ever come back has anyone had these symptoms for that long and regained feeling and reflexes thanks for any info.

MDP3

Old 02-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jessie1 HB User
Re: info on drop foot

Welcome to the boards, although I'm sorry you need to be here. I had a drop foot for close to 7 months, along with numbness, tingling, etc (all signs of severe nerve compression). I had a 2 level fusion done on January 5 of L4-L5-S1, and my foot has functioned normally since then. My surgeon was very surprised- he told me before surgery that he didn't expect me to regain full function in my foot again before the 6 month mark, if ever. I feel very fortunate. I also have all of the feeling back in my leg/foot, except for one very small spot on my big toe and occasional tingling (just the nerve waking up). I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. If you have any questions, or just need support, you'll find some great people here!

Jessie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

mdp3 HB User

Thanks jessie for the quick response i hope to have the same success
Thanks again
MDP3

Old 02-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

mine only lasted 2 months, but the emg is what helped id whether it was superficial or deep nerve damage. i would try to find a pool to exercise the foot, and would use the tub if i had to! good luck in your search for a solution.
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Closed Thread