It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Consult Friday....Nervous, not sure what to expect!

Hey guys
I got a call from the docs office yesterday to set up the consult with the doctor about the spinal stim implant...He is a great doctor , he did my injections and discogram and stuff but this is the "official" consult. I do not consider my fusion a failure , I consider the doctors that decided not to treat me over the last 10 years saying I was to young for a fusion the reason for my continued problems. The nerve damage in my hip and leg is so severe that this is my last hope, other than medications, and that is why I am going . I am 34 and do not want to be on medicines like this forever. I have little kids and lots of years( I hope) and I do not want to live like this. I really do not see living on medications for 50 years. I know this might not get rid of all the pain or the meds , but cut down 1/2 sounds good to me . Wish me luck. I am in need of some. I feel a bit on the low side, the pain has really got me beat down this week. Thanks for listening
shelley

Last edited by myspine; 02-02-2005 at 08:46 PM.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Consult Friday....Nervous, not sure what to expect!

well shelley, I wish you all the best in the world and hope you soon get the relief you so do deserve. I know how you feel, the first dr I saw this year wouldn't help me b/c of my age, I left his office crying-but I didn't give up and searched til I found one who WOULD help me regardless of my age. I simply said I REFUSE to live like this, b/c this is NOT living. Or, something like that anyway. I think there is still time for you to get that relief and don't give up! Let us know how it goes. GOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 05:26 AM   #3
(female)

Valley HB User
Smile Re: Consult Friday....Nervous, not sure what to expect!

Shelly, I sure can relate to that, living in severe pain all the time is not living. It is very depressing.I go for surgery on the 28th, and I hope that my pain is eliminated 100%, but will settle for 50%. At least I could do more than I can do now. Good Luck

Last edited by Valley; 02-03-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Closed Thread